05-13-2017 10:27 AM
OK - we already know that...
- mail merge does not operate in ACT! - which is why I and other Users are forced to pay a further fee every month so we can honour the commitment we have to our customers to provide monthly updates via newsletters (extra revenues for Swiftpage though I guess)
- there is currently a problem using Google chrome - all hyperlinks are underlined whether you like it or not (already logged as another problem)
- when a new hyperlink is added to a template, then spurious letters and words appear in the same field of the template for some reason (I've been putting up with this and continually editing)
But here are 2 new questions:
1) Why is it that some hyperlinks added to templates change colour when clicked on in the e-mails which are generated, and others are not?
2) Why is it that in both Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge it doesn't seem to be possible to choose where hyperlinks are added into templates - it seems to decide for you?!
And if this sounds like I am one MASSIVE dissatisfied customer, then I'm communicating effectively!
05-16-2017 02:54 AM
Firstly, let me apologise for the inconvenience of not being able to use Act's mail merge feature for your newsletter at the moment. We are making progress on resolving the current known issues with this.
In regards to the issue where you mention: "Google chrome - all hyperlinks are underlined whether you like it or not" I believe this has now been resolved. Clicking the underline button in the Insert New Link dialog now correctly removes the underline formatting on the hyperlink text.
The other issue: "when a new hyperlink is added to a template, then spurious letters and words appear in the same field of the template" I also believe to be fixed. If you are still experiencing this issue, please let me know and I'll be sure to request some further testing.
I've reached out to the Act! emarketing team to get answers on your 2 questions, and will reply again when I have more info to share.
05-16-2017 01:53 PM