Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Missing message ID header in Act e-marketing

Missing message ID header in Act e-marketing

I sent my emarketing template from act to the mail tester website as suggested in the ACt 30 deliverability tips article and it came back stating that the email did not contain a Message-ID header. 

Here is the message:

SpamAssassin Rule: MISSING_MID

Standard description: Missing Message-Id: header

Explanation

The message does not contain a Message-Id header. The relevant standards specify that mails should have Message-Id headers. All properly written Mail User Agent (or Mail Submission Agent) software is expected to add a Message-Id header.

This suggests that the mail was sent by badly-configured mailout software rather than by a normal email client.

Further Info

The default scores for this rule can be found in the online list of tests.

The Message-Id header is detailed in RFC 2822 sec 3.6.4.

Why does the Act emarketing template builder not have a Message-ID? 

Copper Contributor

Re: Missing message ID header in Act e-marketing

Did you send the test email to the service by using the 'quick test' feature within the AEM template builder?  Or did you send it 'formally' through your Act! database by adding the mail testing service as an Act! contact record?

I suggest trying the latter, as the emails are handled differently when they are sent through the AEM panel in Act!.  I haven't tested it myself to see if the message-id is included or not, but I am interested to hear if it makes a difference.

Twelve/Three Marketing, Inc.
Act! Certified Consultants
......Stephen Boulden
Twelve/Three Marketing, Inc.
P: 716.837.5727 x104
E: stephen@twelvethree.com

I sent it using the "quick test" I will try and send it through the database and see if that makes a difference.

I choose to send it using the test send because I just hate that you can't delete useless reports from the reports page.

I'll let you know shortly how it goes.

I just tested sending through the Database and still, the report detail states: Missing Message-ID: header
No change.

Employee

Currently there is not a way change the status of the Missing Message ID with Act! Emarketing templates.
However, it hardly lowers the score of the send.

-Carl

How about that Using Act emarketing send emails that provide a plain text alternative and not just test/html MIME parts? This does have a significant impact on the score.