Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Marketing Email sent to address not on the database?

Marketing Email sent to address not on the database?

Hi there I was wondering if someone can help?

We have had a number of complaints from an individual who is not in our act address book, that they are receiving marketing info from us.

They have sent us one of the mails and indeed it is one that was sent out today?

This person does NOT exist in our database. Is there a way to see whether the address is in the system anywhere?

Cheers

Platinum Super Contributor

Re: Marketing Email sent to address not on the database?

Hello Sibarkers,

Welcome to the Sage ACT! Online Community!

First you'll want to verify if the address was or was not included in your email blast.  You can sign into the E-marketing account and select Reports.  Highlight the appropriate blast and click View Reports.  Click the report 'Submitted' to see the list of email addresses included in the blast. 

If it is included in the submitted list and you are using Sage ACT!...  Sage E-marketing only pulls from the field 'E-mail', you can perform a search in the 'E-mail' field for the address in question.

If it is not in the list, look at the E-marketing report 'Opens and Clicks'.  It will show recipients that have forwarded the email - possibly that is what is happening.  Note: 'Forwards' only records when a person has used the 'Forward to a Friend' option in the footer; it will not record when the email system (ex: Outlook, Gmail, Hotmail) 'Forward' option has been used.

Greg Martin
Sage

Re: Marketing Email sent to address not on the database?

Many thanks for the reply Greg, I'll have a look and see what I can find.

Cheers

Simon