Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Landing page not updating Act when checklists included

Highlighted

Landing page not updating Act when checklists included

No-one in my office has any experience with Act, other than as users entering data, so I’ve got no-one to ask for help, hence this post.

I’ve been tasked with creating a landing page, so that clients who make contact via our website will have their initial basic details mapped directly into a new Act record.  I’ve successfully created a very basic page with name, email and mobile phone fields (all of which work ok) and a message field (which sort of works – the box is too small and text doesn’t wrap, but the information input is recorded).

However, when I add a checkbox list (what product are you interested in: a, b, c, etc) none of the information maps to Act, but I still get a Swiftpage mail notifying me of Landing Page Completion.

I’ve tried deleting the checkbox list and replacing it with individual check-boxes, and still nothing gets mapped into Act yet I get the Swiftpage email.

I’m working on a draft page on our website, using WordPress, and we’re running Act version 22.0.205.0 update 4.

Does anyone have any ideas where I’m going wrong please?

Highlighted
Copper Contributor

Re: Landing page not updating Act when checklists included

Act-On landing pages can be created without the involvement of your IT or development team. Landing Pages are generated using the web page editor within Act-On, or an imported design can be used.
There is no distinction between 'draft' versus 'published' with landing pages, unlike some other platforms. In Act-On, as soon as the Save button is clicked within the editor, your page is live and is accessible through the landing page public URL.

displayurl.png

Click Content > Landing Pages
Locate the landing page and click the drop-down arrow > Edit
From the Properties tab, you can access the Public URL
Screen Shot 2015-08-31 at 1.13.07 PM-1.png

In the Properties tab, you have the option to generate a new URL, a short URL, or an SEO-friendly URL.

Each standard landing page URL generated by the system can be paired with a short URL or an SEO-friendly URL -- they are grouped together in this way. For instance, by default, you may generate a single short URL and an SEO-friendly URL to complement the default landing page URL, but to generate a new short URL or SEO-friendly URL you would need to generate a new URL (creating a new group).

The purpose of multiple URLs is to enable tracking the source of your landing page's visitors. For instance, you could reserve URL Group A for Social Media campaign A, or URL Group B for online banner ad B. Visitors could be coming into either URL, and the Act-On landing page report will break down the statistics independently for each URL group.