Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

How to transfer opt out / supressed email list into Act

How to transfer opt out / supressed email list into Act

Hi

I have a list of supressed email address from contacts who have opted out of recieving future emails. When I go into Act (using v18) and look at at the AEM Opt Out tab none of these contacts are ticked as showing opted out. Is there a way of getting this tab / field to automatically fill in all the contacts that have opted out of emails? I don't want to have to manually tick each contact that has opted out (it's a long list). This would then help me reduce the size of the send lists I email to.

Thanks

Andrew

Administrator

Re: How to transfer opt out / supressed email list into Act

[ Edited ]

Hi Jactone1,

Make sure you're campaign history is up to date by going to the Emarketing menu and choosing "Update Campaign History" - this should flag any opt-outs in your database.

Check out this KB for tips on making sure your Emarketing send lists are up to date:
http://kb.act.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/38750

Hope this helps!

Hi Jon

Thanks for the reply. The option to 'Update Campaign History' is greyed out and I can't select it.

Administrator

Does your user have full permissions for the Emarketing suite?

If not, either log in as administrator or have your administrator grant your user account the Emarketing Administration, Lead Capture and Send permissions and try again.
Highlighted

Full permissions have now been set up for the Emarketing suite and they are no longer greyed out when I go to do an action it is asking for a login and it isn't excepting the login for the account. I'm using the account login we use to access Swiftpage via the website. Is this the correct one to use?

Employee

Login to Emarketing can be different.
On the log in dialog-box there is a Forgot Password.
The email is most likely the email the account was setup with when purchased