Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

How do I send an Email Blast?

How do I send an Email Blast?

Hello,

I just got a new job and I am using ACT. I am trying to figure out how I send an e-mail blast or a group email to everyone in my contacts in ACT. I am not sure if I will be doing this through ACT e-mail program or ACT. I would greatly appreciate if I could a how to for both. Otherwise I have no idea who to do it.

Hope someone can help!

Thanks

Sara

Re: How do I send an Email Blast?

I guess our ACT is through outlook. So I guess I will being using Outlook as the email source.

Platinum Elite Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hello Sara,
Welcome to the Sage ACT! Community. You can use the Mail Merge option under the Write menu for sending an email to multiple contacts. You can do this through Outlook, but be aware that Outlook has a limitation as to how many emails it can do at a time, usually around 150 to 200. Plus your email provider may also have a daily limit as part of their spam prevention. If you looking at doing regular email blasts, you may want to consider ACT! E-marketing (powered by Swiftpage). See this link for more info:
http://na.sage.com/Sage-ACT/services/sage-emarketing-for-act

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Thank Greig!

I do have another questions!

Does e-mail Merge have an unscribe function.

What I am trying to do is send an e-mail merge/ Blast that can be done monthly, but I want my contacts to be able to unsubscribe from this function if they don't want to get my emails.

Any information on that would be greatly appreciate it.

If anyone can give me as much information as possible I would greatly appreciate it!

Platinum Elite Contributor

Sara,
Unfortunately, it does not. That function is usually only available through an e-marketing service, like Swiftpage. An alternative would be for you to include an email address in the message for them to send an unsubscribe request.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Good Morning Greg,

Thank you for the great info.

I was wondering if we can e-mail blast blind? (BCC)

With no mention of who we are..

Please let me know.

Regards,

Dennis

Copper Contributor

Hi Sara, if you want to send emails via Outlook and not via the emarketing module then you're best bet is to create a simple webpage that has an unsubscribe form which sends you an email with the users email address so you can then adjust your records, exclude them from further emails etc.

Then simply add a link to that page in your Outlook template/the email you're sending out such as To unsubscribe, click here (this doesnt link anywhere, just to explain my reply)

Copper Contributor

@Dennis, if you mean via the emarketing module then I would assume it is a blind email anyway ie. if you send to multpile addresses it would be just like sending via BCC.

But if you mean hiding your 'from' address completely then that would be both impossible and against email spam laws. Firstly an email client needs to display a 'from' address and secondly sending an email that has seemingly come from nowhere would bypass any rules people may have in place to 'block emails from x@x.com' etc. Even if this was possible, most email clients would simply dismiss it straight away as it would be seen as spam as it is so non-uniform.