Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Help with adding merge tags in AMA

Highlighted

Help with adding merge tags in AMA

Can anyone help me with adding a merge tag in AMA?  The only options I see available are company name, address and copyright.  I want to be able to address people individually using "first name".

Thanks

Highlighted
Nickel Super Contributor

Re: Help with adding merge tags in AMA

The Template you are editing is not a "final" one. It is firstly a "global one". You have to set up a campaign, then "link" the global template to that campaign.

If during the campaign setup you were able to select a Group from your ACT database as the campaign data source, you will then be able to edit (this now being a "specific" template, bound to a campaign) again and add fields from your source ACT! database.

Found this through my own tedious testing as this is not documented anywhere...

Andreas Schlesselmann
Melville-Schellmann GbR
Germany
www.melville-schellmann.de
Highlighted

Thank you.  Yes, it does sound long and tedious.  Appreciate your reply.

Highlighted

Hi buddy, can you brief what process you followed exactly if possible? Not able to perform it still now.

Regards,
V. Smith
Highlighted
Copper Contributor

To "merge" just the one commit, you want to right click the commit (no tag necessary) and "Cherry pick" it. To merge a branch up to a tag that isn't the latest commit in that branch, you'll need to create a new branch on that commit, then merge with the new branch. Tags are just named commits.