Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Getting Rid of the Marketing Results Tab

Accepted Solution Solved
Tuned Listener
Accepted Solution

Getting Rid of the Marketing Results Tab

We don't use the Marketing Results tab nor will we.  I'd love to delete it or at least hide it.  Very irritating.  Can't figure out how to do this?  Prefer to simply delete it.

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by gmartin (Platinum Super Contributor)
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Bronze Super Contributor

Re: Getting Rid of the Marketing Results Tab

hmmm.... let me insert a disclaimer in plain english here, your milage may vary, if you break it don't blame me. If in doubt get your ACT! Certified Consultant to do this for you.

That out of the way,

Rename ACTSPE2005.dll to ACTSPE2005.dll.noload

Rename Keyoti.RapidSpell.NET2.TXSupportv14.dll to Keyoti.RapidSpell.NET2.TXSupportv14.dll.noload

Rename Keyoti.RapidSpellMDict.dll to Keyoti.RapidSpellMDict.dll.noload

You'll find these three files under the Program Files\ACT\Act for Windows\Plugins folder

Of course if you rename the wrong files, you'll be disabling other add-ons that are either there by default or that you've installed.

Ben.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by gmartin (Platinum Super Contributor)
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Bronze Super Contributor

hmmm.... let me insert a disclaimer in plain english here, your milage may vary, if you break it don't blame me. If in doubt get your ACT! Certified Consultant to do this for you.

That out of the way,

Rename ACTSPE2005.dll to ACTSPE2005.dll.noload

Rename Keyoti.RapidSpell.NET2.TXSupportv14.dll to Keyoti.RapidSpell.NET2.TXSupportv14.dll.noload

Rename Keyoti.RapidSpellMDict.dll to Keyoti.RapidSpellMDict.dll.noload

You'll find these three files under the Program Files\ACT\Act for Windows\Plugins folder

Of course if you rename the wrong files, you'll be disabling other add-ons that are either there by default or that you've installed.

Ben.

Tuned Listener

Thanks for the advice.  Frankly, I was hoping there was something much simpler than this to solve the problem.  I hate it when you purchase a software package and the supplier shoves their useless marketing products down your throat.

Bronze Super Contributor

No problem.

That said, Sage E-Marketing (aka Swiftpage) is actually quite good. There are a few features that competing products have that I'd like to see, and their pricing model needs to be simplified, but apart from that it does work well.

Ben.

Nickel Contributor

Simply move ACTSPE2005.dll located at C:\Program Files\ACT\ACT for Windows\Plugins to another folder while ACT! is closed and the tab will be gone when you restart ACT!.

If you need the tab back, close ACT! and put the file back in place. Can't be any simpler than this.

Gilles Cavin
http://www.exponenciel.com
Make sure you check our free Act! add-ons!
Create Web forms in seconds and import form results directly into Act! with Automatic Web Forms
Fill in PDF Forms without retyping data using Act! to PDF Forms
Tuned Listener

That did in fact work!  Thanks!

Copper Super Contributor

I just used this advice to remove the Marketing Services tab and it worked. 

Although it didn't say where to move that file, I dragged to to the Tools folder. 

Copper Super Contributor

Thank you for explaining how to rename the .dll files.  Works perfectly.