Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

First go at Emarketing - Swiftpage is horrible - other suggestions?

Copper Contributor

First go at Emarketing - Swiftpage is horrible - other suggestions?

Hello,

We only send out a few very simple text based eshots a year - the same email to all of our contacts, and have always done this through ACT and Outlook. We have a lot of contacts to email, and my manager does them in batches and does any follow up data clearance on bounces or unsubscribe requests manually (madness IMO!). He has no desire to see if the emails are opened or clicked on (we only have a website link in the footer).

Now we need to do an eshot ahead of GDPR so are looking at options. I have done a test run with Swiftpage as we would like to add an unsubscribe link which ideally updates the ACT contact in the database. However the experience has been so unpleasant, the interface unintuitive and old fashioned, and doesn't seem to work very well e.g. I imported a simple html template and Swiftpage can't even keep the colour the text. It also slows my ACT down when I have the marketing tab open. From what I have been reading on this forum, many people are unhappy with Swiftpage.

We would like to email say, 5,000 - 8,000 contacts, 4 times a year. Most of the emarketing packages I seen allow you to send unlimited emails to a small number of contacts, our requrement is the opposite, so to add a £30 or more per month expense to send 4 eshots, with no fancy reporting or A/B marketing requirement, and paying for software that doesn't work properly seems unreasonable. It seems to be expensive even if we just want a landing page/web form to link to.

Any ideas?

Thanks
Claire

Administrator

Re: First go at Emarketing - Swiftpage is horrible - other suggestions?

Hi jupiter,

Are you talkinga bout Swiftpage emarketing (the legacy email marketing service that we do still offer - http://swiftpageconnect.com/) or are you talking about Act! emarketing?

Act! emarketing is more modern and is integrated with your database directly - meaning any unsubscribes etc are automatically pulled into your data. Swiftpage emarketing is also able to conenct into your data, but it's less seamless.

You are able to connect other email solutions to your database through the Act! Connect framework - you could check out what's available here:
https://www.act.com/products/connections

Copper Contributor

Re: First go at Emarketing - Swiftpage is horrible - other suggestions?

Hi Jon,

I was a bit confused by those two emarketing options. I was talking about Swiftpage as we use Act Pro v18, and when I go to Act emarketing, I can't get it to recognise any of our emails, as we don't log in using emails. I woudl be interested to see what it looks like if I could get it to send me a password. Will it make Act unresponsive when using it like Swiftpage does?

It looks like ACT Connect is just for Act! Premium integration

Claire