Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Error on login "We cannot access your sage connected services account make sure your account information is correct"

Copper Contributor

Error on login "We cannot access your sage connected services account make sure your account information is correct"

I keep getting this error on a client's machines.  This is 2012 premium just upgraded from 2009.  I've removed preferences, deleted the ACTData folder and generally tried everything that seemed similar from the KB but the error still pops up.  The user has never had a connected services account but did, at one time have a swiftpage account.  OS is a variety from server 2008 (Yes it occurs on the server) to XP to Win7. Any suggestions would be more than welcome.

Thanks

Scott Holmes

Cornerstone Solutions, Inc.

Copper Elite Contributor

Re: Error on login "We cannot access your sage connected services account make sure your account information is correct"

I've also been living with this message since upgrading to 2012. Any way to make it stop?

Geoffrey B. Boulden
Twelve/Three Marketing, Inc.
Buffalo, NY
ACT!
SageCRM
GoldMine
SQL Certifications
Platinum Super Contributor

Re: Error on login "We cannot access your sage connected services account make sure your account information is correct"

The following article contains steps for removing the Connected Services/Swiftpage information from within a database, this is different from deleting the ACT! Preference files.  Use these steps (since you have ACT! 2012 installed, you already have ActDiag V14), then access the emarketing tab and re-enter your account information. 

Article: KB Article 27857

Greg Martin
Sage
Copper Contributor

Thanks but I tried that, twice now because I tried it again just to be sure.  No luck.  I'm still getting the error Smiley Sad

I should say, this is a shared database and I ran the procedure on the server.

Scott Holmes

Nickel Super Contributor

I tried this too...ACT! 2012 Premium.

Didn't work.

My problem in addition is that the db is remembering a closed SPE account.  I have a new one set up, but can't get to a place where I can enter the credentials in the database.

Rita Kogstad
RKA Associates
Stamford, CT
Copper Contributor

Same here.  A closed Swiftpage account is still being referenced in my remote database and its causing the Sage Connected services message to pop up on startup.  The deletion of the preferences folder and files have not made a difference!

Tuned Listener

If you are not going to use swiftpage/act marketing for that PC/User , the easy fix is to remove the ACTSPE2005.dll out of the Plugin folder, %Program Files %/ACT\Act for Windows\Plugins  for the that PC.

That is a short term fix t

You can create a Old Plugin folder and drop it in there

Reece harper

Act! Certified Consultant Australia
http://www.databasepartners.com.au
Astute Commentator

I have ACT! Pro 2013 and have tried everything in the KB.  Deleted preferences, restored the DB, restored and renamed the DB.  Please help with this annoying message.  I tried the Diag V15 tool but it cannot find the DB it tries to find the 2012 version of the DB, I tried restoring the 2012 version cannot be done since it was ot converted to 2013 before I saved it.  Help!!!!

Astute Commentator

Forgot Rnning on Windows 7 in VMware 5

Platinum Super Contributor

You mention that ACTDiag v15 could not find the database; is the database hosted on a different computer? You will need to run ACTDiag on the computer hosting the database.
Greg Martin
Sage