09-30-2011 11:25 AM
I am using ACT 2011 Premium on Windows XP. When trying to login to E-Marketing/Business Info. Service, we get the error ACT! E-marketing requires a valid internet connection. Please check your internet settings and try again. I have already followed these steps from a previous thread and it did not fix it:
1. Close ACT!.
2. Stop "Act.Outlook.*" in Task Manager.
3. Open actdiag v14 (kb 27607).
4. Select the database and then "Reset Database Preferences" from the Action menu.
5. Check "Delete Preferences based on this keyword" and enter "Swiftpage" in the box.
6. Click "OK" and close actdiag v14.
7. Then run %appdata%.
9. Rename the ACT folder.
10. Open ACT!
My company's help desk thinks it may be an issue with Swiftpage trying to go out to the Interent. Our company only allows Internet Explorer to use as a browser.
In speaking with our I.T. dept. they wanted to know what exactly these services are trying to pull up (i.e. a website, a separate program, etc.). Since it doesn't work for me, I do not know what Swiftpage is supposed to open. Also they wanted to know which port these services were trying to pull from?
Anyone have answers to these questions?
Thanks in advance -
10-03-2011 08:16 AM
Here is an article with the port numbers required by the E-Marketing/Swiftpage service: KB Article 25125
There are 2 parts to what is being accessed:
1. ACT! is attempting to connect to the Swiftpage server to verify the account information.
2. When editing/previewing Swiftpage templates, the Swiftpage template manager (includes reports) will open in the Browser. It doesn't install an application to the workstation.
10-03-2011 08:57 AM
Thanks so much, Greg. I have passed the information you provided onto my I.T. department so they can figure out why we are getting blocked.
05-20-2014 11:12 PM
08-24-2017 07:12 AM