Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Emarketing Campaign Scheduled for those that has opted out

Copper Super Contributor

Emarketing Campaign Scheduled for those that has opted out

I see that even those that has Opted Out of my mailings get a note in the history that the next mailing I send is scheduled for them. There should not be any further notes about scheduled sendings if they already have Opted Out .

Lennart Johansson
zoft80.com
Sweden
Administrator

Re: Emarketing Campaign Scheduled for those that has opted out

Hi Lennart,

To confirm, are you using Swiftpage Emarketing?

Act will leave history that a contact has been included in a scheduled send, but will not send the email after checking the suppression list if they are included in it. After the send happens, the history should be updated to show that no email was sent to the contact.
To stop further history being added to these contacts, they should be manually removed from your send groups by checking them against your downloaded suppression list.
Copper Super Contributor

It is Act! emarketing that I am referring to.

Attached is a screen shot showing that they opted out on the 5th of february and two mailings was scheduled, in mars and december.

Lennart Johansson
zoft80.com
Sweden
Administrator

This is expected behaviour. In AEM, contacts included in a group/lookup for a campaign will always get a history entry about their inclusion. As you can see in your screenshot, no results are recorded on this contact as the email was not sent to them due to them opting out.

Removing them from your campaign groups by looking up the opt outs will prevent this in future.
Bronze Super Contributor

I always use Dynamic Groups which have criteria which includes False Bounced and Optouts.

David Shaw
Act! Certified Consultant since 2001
Office:    +44 (0)1483 714507
Mobile: +44 (0)7977 567 318
E-Mail:    dshaw@act4u.org