Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Emailers/Surveys For Act/SPM where data update contact fields directly?

Tuned Listener

Emailers/Surveys For Act/SPM where data update contact fields directly?

I have been using constant contact for the past several years, it is incredibly easy to use, but has no direct connection to our Act database. We need to export new records for each mailer, and manually delete old ones, and I have no connection in ACT as to who opens the emails unless we manually do this (not possible with a database of > 10K name) etc.

I would like to send out a survey that updates fields of my contacts directly. Also when we send out our emailers, I would like to know in Act who opens these.

I have Act 2013 web premium. I set up a swiftpage marketing account, though a free account.  I set up a test survery (not nearly as intuitive to use the SPM templates and editor as constant contact)

It looks like if I send a survey, I can set this up to update user fields with answers provided. Is this really the case, and does it do it directly, or from what it seems, it creates a txt file that I have to import? Not sure how this update gets done.

Also, on email blasts, does it record which contact opens the email, and which links they click on? Recorded to history or something field? Thanks.

Administrator

Re: Emailers/Surveys For Act/SPM where data update contact fields directly?

[ Edited ]

Hi jbinbi,

Swiftpage emarketing would be a good choice for your needs here.

You can send out List Updater surveys which can allow your contacts to update their own details. The new data would then automatically update the contact record fields in Act after you click the "Update Act! Contacts" button. No importing needed. See the Screenshot below.spem1.png

You can also record the history of the campaign directly on the contact that it was sent to.

Some useful things this shows:

• Score (a generated number indicating interest in your email)
  • Open status
  • Link clicks

spem2.png

You can use the reporting tools to see individual clicks by email address to find out what links each person clicked.

I hope you found this information useful.

You can start a 60 day free trial of Swiftpage emarketing at http://www.swiftpageconnect.com

Tuned Listener

Thanks for this. I did create a sample survery that I sent to myself. However, the update contacts are greyed out. I am assuming this is because my trial period ended 4 days ago?
Administrator

This could be the case, or the survey was not a List Updater type, or there are no unapplied changes.