Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Email formatting always messed up

Copper Contributor

Email formatting always messed up

I consistently have issues with my emails not looking like they do when I preview them. I'm including screen shots below of what I mean. The first image is what my screen looks like while I'm editing the email. The second image is what the preview looks like, and the third image is what it looks like when I send the test eblast and I receive it in my inbox....All look different. Fonts are different, font sizes are different, and layout gets changed....This is Extremely frustrating, and annoying, and it makes what should be a simple professional email look incredibly sloppy. Just one more thing to add to the list of things I'm unhappy about with ACT. UGHH.

While Editing

Formatting1.jpg

In Preview Mode...

Formatting2.jpg

In test email....

Formatting3.jpg

Administrator

Re: Email formatting always messed up

Hi Rachel,

Has your template been built inside Act Emarketing using the drag and drop editor, or is this an imported HTML template?
Copper Contributor

Yes all my templates are built inside ACT Emarketing using the drag and drop editor.
Administrator

We can take a look at this for you though our phone support. This would be the best method to get a ticket number in this case as we'd need to try out some troubleshooting steps first. If necessary, the ticket could then be escalated.
Astute Commentator

Rachel, 

I share your frustration in regards to this issue. What's also incredibly dreadful is the fact that designs created within the dashboard will not render correctly within mobile devices. What gives?

Our team has spoken on numerous occasions with tech support to no avail. Their recommendation for tabbing and shift entering makes it even worse outside of the dashboard. 

What I do recommend (and though it sucks to start from scratch) is to start with one of their mobile ready templates. It can be found in your Template Manager > Stock. Keep to those that have an orange mobile ribbon. That should do the trick... for now. 

Happy Hunting, Rachel. 

RachelHorizon wrote:

I consistently have issues with my emails not looking like they do when I preview them. I'm including screen shots below of what I mean. The first image is what my screen looks like while I'm editing the email. The second image is what the preview looks like, and the third image is what it looks like when I send the test eblast and I receive it in my inbox....All look different. Fonts are different, font sizes are different, and layout gets changed....This is Extremely frustrating, and annoying, and it makes what should be a simple professional email look incredibly sloppy. Just one more thing to add to the list of things I'm unhappy about with ACT. UGHH.

While Editing

Formatting1.jpg

In Preview Mode...

Formatting2.jpg

In test email....

Formatting3.jpg

Copper Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hi Rachel,

I've definitely seen this one many times before.  The template has a fixed width of 602px and the widths of the three columns, after formatting and after rendering, seems to push the total width beyond, causing the rollover effect.  In some cases, using different fonts can actually change the width of the window just barely enough to make it work.

Hope this helps!

Twelve/Three Marketing, Inc.
Act! Certified Consultants
......Stephen Boulden
Twelve/Three Marketing, Inc.
P: 716.837.5727 x104
E: stephen@twelvethree.com
Administrator

Hi All,

In the interests of transparency, I'd like to explain that I have edited Stephen's post above to remove some content, and removed subsequent posts that further discussed the removed content.

After highlighting the (now removed) content that Stephen shared to the Product and Emarketing teams, it has been concluded that the product is not designed to be manipulated in this way, and doing so could lead to support issues, or worse, deliverability/sender reputation issues for Swiftpage. In short; it’s an untested process which carries some risks.

The Emarketing team is looking into methods of minimising the adverse effects that could be caused, but for the moment we believe it is important to request that anyone using the product in the aforementioned way refrain from doing so, and ask that you do not propagate the steps to others.

I would like to sincerely thank Stephen, and others, for writing up and sharing information that they believe to be useful with the Community. I think it’s great when people decide to impart the knowledge that they've built up on Act! and other subjects with the public, and I continue to strongly encourage it.

Yes it is extremely frustrating and time consuming.

Please review my attachment:

Top = Layout Mode

Bottom = Text Edit Mode

Why do these text columns not line up in Layout Mode when they are the same length, font and size?

On examination of the left hand column it is clearly evident that the text at the top has differing line spacing to the text at the bottom. Why is this?

Administrator

Hi Drallim,

Please could you provide a copy of the text content so that we can use this in testing?
Which browser are you using to edit the templates?

I am using Chrome.

Here is the text:

Extra High Voltage (EHV) Cables

Cables are generally factory tested. The accessories of high voltage (HV) and extra high voltage cables are also usually pretested. However, the possibility of mechanical force damage during installation and hidden imperfections & flaws caused by improper handling result in the necessity of partial discharge commissioning tests.

Ideally the cable of such transmission class cables are equipped with embedded sensors. Numerous cable manufacturers have implemented this principle since it was introduced by Power Diagnostix in 1994. The ICMsystem, especially if enhanced with the FOsystem for optical isolation, offers powerful tools for the analysis of the cable insulation system. Additionally, different pre-amplifiers and embedded or external spectrum analysers complete the instrumentation. 

Medium Voltage (MV) Cables

As with HV and EHV cables, the ICMcompact is used for shop floor production on MV cables and accessories. During the past decade numerous cable manufacturers have changed to this instrument during the modernisation of their test room.

A large population of service aged medium voltage or distribution class cables has reached their projected service life, as polymeric cables were increasingly introduced since the 1970's. The ICMcompact is available in a ready to use package for field testing and partial discharge location with any external high voltage source, such as a very low frequency (VLF) unit which allows lightweight and cost effective cable diagnostic solutions. The ICMcompact package includes a combination of T-filter