Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Easy way?

Easy way?

Hi,

I have my data base split between Manufacturers and Retailers. However I would like to segment further i.e. Manufacturers split test A and Manufacturers Split test B, Retailer Split Test A and Retailer Split Test B

I would like a straight forward consecutive Split test A then the next record Split Test B  So Odd and even records.

Is there an easy way to do this without having to go into each record and manually do it?

Best regards

Norman

Administrator

Re: Easy way?

Hi Norman,

There are a few ways to do this:

1. First. create a new field to save which segment split the contact should be a part of, and add this to the layout.
  2. Perform a lookup of the entire segment (i.e. Manufacturers).
    • If you really want the split to be even/odd, then you'll need to select the contacts in this way manually. Enabling tag mode should help you do this fairly quickly, depending on how many contact you have in the segment:Act!_2017-05-24_11-58-23.png
    • If you don't mind how the selection is done, you could click around the half-way down point in the list, looking in the records counter, and find the 'middle' of the lookup, then select all contacts above or below to split them 50/50:Act!_2017-05-24_12-03-13.png
  3. Right click the selection and click Lookup Selected Contacts
  4. Click Edit > Replace Field, choose the new field you created, then enter something like "A" into the field. This will now saved "A" into the field on each of those selected contacts.
  5. Repeat step 2, selecting the same contacts as before, but this time, right click the selection and click Omit Selected Contacts.
  6. Repeat step 4, and enter "B" into the same field.
  7. All the contacts in the segment should now be split into either "A" or "B", and you can now lookup on the split alongside the segment lookup.

Re: Easy way?

Thanks Gary,

much appreciated

Best regards

Norman