Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

E-marketing glitch

FPF

E-marketing glitch

Hi,

I sent out an email merge to all customers and prospects, but before sending I sent a copy of the email to myself to check all was OK. It was.

When I check the email in my outbox, it still shows in the same condition as I originally sent. However, when a customer responds to the email, I can see in the email feed history that the spaces have been filled with question marks, some with different fonts and spacing. This looks so unprofessional and is almost impossible to read and understand.

I am keen to send out another e-marketing mail to apologise but I'm worried the same thing will happen again. Help!

Employee

Re: E-marketing glitch

[ Edited ]

Hello,

Are you using Act! Emarketing or the Mail Merge option under the Write pull down menu in Act!

Do you have a personal email address to send  the email to?  Like Gmail or Yahoo.
If so, see how it looks there and reply back to your mail email as a test.

FPF

Mail Merge Glitch

Hello,

Yes, sorry, I did mean the Mail Merge option.

Before I send mail merges I always send it to myself first (my personal Hotmail account) so that I can double check that it is the way we want it to be (typos, layout etc), and I did that this time too. All looked fine when I received it and checked it. It only seemed to be when it was sent to our different database groups (customers, prospects) that the weird layout glitch happened.

Victoria

Employee

Re: Mail Merge Glitch

Sometimes question marks so up when someone's computer does not identify the Font style used.
Using a common font?

Highlighted

Re: E-marketing glitch

Yes, I have this problem too