Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Deleting "teaser" text box in Swiftpage possible?

Copper Super Contributor

Deleting "teaser" text box in Swiftpage possible?

Hi,

I have been using the Act mail merge function to send personalized emails, however am thinking of using Swift Page instead.

I'd like it to look as much like a regular email as possible.  The emails I send do not need pictures, multiple columns, or anything beyond the basic formatting used for just a regular email message created within Outlook. 

The top of every Swift page template has a "teaser" text box that, even if left blank, inserts several blank rows that take up space at the top of the email.

Is there a way to delete this text box? 

Or, if I created my own template would this text box be removed then?  It seems like Swiftpage requires that teaser text box be in every email regardless of the template.

Boring emails, I know, but it is what I want for a certain kind of message.

Hope you can help....Mike

Re: Deleting "teaser" text box in Swiftpage possible?

Hi Mike,

Can I confirm whether you are referring to Act! E-marketing or Swiftpage E-marketing?

In AEM, the teaser bar appears in templates that are created in the template editor, as well as those which are imported form external HTML files. There is no way to disable this.

In Swiftpage E-marketing, there is no teaser bar but there is a Header. The header is usually some sort of image and again this cannot be turned off. However, you could import a 1 pixel x 1 pixel blank image as the header so that the header is very small.

I'm not aware of any other options apart from using the standard mail merge options within the program.

Peter

Copper Super Contributor

Peter,

Appreciate the reply.

It is Act E-marketing. 

Sounds like I am stuck, but consider if for a development item. 

Thanks....Mike

Copper Elite Contributor

Just leave the "teaser" box blank; it will not appear in your sent templates.

Karen Fredricks
Tech Benders
561-470-5450