Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Accepted Solution

Confused How Opt-Out Works

Copper Contributor

Re: Confused How Opt-Out Works

All very confusing so looking at the attached document why doesn't the AEM op out box get checked?

Even downloaded the opt outs and only 2 came up out of a database of 1000's and yet I know people who have opted out.

If this should get checked can someone explain how please.

Thank you

Administrator

Hi Ro,

Have you updated Email Campaign History from the Emarketing menu?
This needs to be done for the checkboxes to be updated in the Act! application.
Copper Contributor

HI Gary

Yes - but it doesn't do anything

Administrator

Hi Ro,

We'd need to confirm some account details with you to look into this further. It's probably easiest for you to give our support team a quick call on 0845 268 0220. Just let them know you're looking for Act! emarketing support.

When we go to update the email campaign history, how many of our email blasts do we have to click on.  What if someone opted out from an email blast which was sent a year ago?

Copper Contributor

Gary I did call support and nothing was resolved

Administrator

Could you clarify, did the support agent identify an issue but were unable to fix it?

Is it the case that you believe people are opting out, but not being added to the opt out list after updating campaign history?
Copper Contributor

Yes support were unable to resolve the issue

Administrator

Sorry to hear that, could you confirm the exact nature of the issues you're having, as well as any steps the support agent might have already taken to try and resolve the issue?

I can't see any ticket notes on your account relating to this issue, so any info you have would be a huge help!
Copper Contributor

When I go in and try and update campaign history the system freezes and it won't do anything. Support couldn't see an issue with this but it just doesn't update.  We need to understand then why this happens and cannot see anyone having opted out of emails either which I find rather unlikely. Maybe you can take me though this again?