Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Changing salutation within email

Changing salutation within email

When I export my data from a look-up within ACT! into Swiftpages, the default data taken accross is the email address and first name. In some instances I'd like to change this to email address, title and surname so that the personalised greeting within my email is Dear Mr Bloggs rather than Dear Joe. I'm sure it must be possible to do but I can't work out how! Any ideas?

Platinum Super Contributor

Re: Changing salutation within email

When using Sage ACT! and Sage E-marketing, depending on the version of Sage ACT! or using a Swiftpage add-in, you won't need to export the data from Sage ACT! and import it into Swiftpage - you can initiate the email blast through Sage ACT! and include 'mail merge' fields within the template that will automatically populate with data from the Sage ACT! database.  Example: email, title, and surname.

Here is an article with instructions for initiating a Sage E-marketing email blast through Sage ACT!: KB Article 25253

Here is an article with instructions for editing a template and including mail merge fields: Swiftpage Article - Quick Start Guide to Mail Merges

Greg Martin
Sage