Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Can't unsubscribe from emails?

Copper Contributor

Can't unsubscribe from emails?

Hi everyone,

I've used the lead capture tool in Act! to create a web form for our website that allows users to subscribe to our email newsletter. I have tried adding myself to this group, unsubscribing, then click "Get Leads" - however, I still appear as a contact in this group. How will I know if other contacts unsubscribe? I'm thinking I would have to add them immediately to our CASL list. 

Thanks,

T

• Act! Premium Version 18.1
  • Microsoft Office Version: 1705
  • Shared Database
  • Windows 7

Employee

Re: Can't unsubscribe from emails?

38139 How do I create a lookup of my Act! emarketing bounces or opt outs in Act! v17.2 and later?

http://kb.act.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/38139/kw/create%20a%20lookup%20in%20Act!%20for%20people%20...

37380 How do I create a lookup in Act! for people who have opted out of my Swiftpage emarketing blasts?

http://kb.act.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/37380/kw/Opt-Outs

Copper Contributor

Hi Carl,

When I perform this lookup and update my campaign history, I do see opt outs, but not the opt outs from subscribers who have opted out using the web form on my website who I also send email campaigns to.

Employee

Sounds like you are using he Act! Web forms in Groups for sign-ups.
What do you use for your custom HTML code to capture when It is an opt out request?

Copper Contributor

Hi Carl,

I am using the Act! Web forms in Groups for sign-ups. How do I change the HTML to capture an opt out request? I can only seem to copy the HTML. I attached a picture.

Tina

Employee

[ Edited ]

Using a Standard Act! without customizing it or finding an addon:

Try Making a New Group.  Name it something like Opt Out Contacts.
Create a web form that has the title saying "Want to opt-out...".
When people use it it will populate the group when you Get Leads.
Then you can manually look up the contact in your database and remove.

<div id="ListOptInFormDiv" class="sp_ListOptInFormDiv_div_class" style="background-color: white; border: none; padding: 15px;"><h1 id="FormTitleLbl" class="sp_ListOptInFormDiv_h1_class" style="font-size: 20px; font-weight: bold; color: #4f82ad; text-align: left;">Newletter</h1><p id="FormDescriptionLbl" class="sp_FormDescriptionLbl_p_class" style="text-shadow: none; font-size:14px">Unsubcribe</p><p class="sp_FormDescriptionLbl_margin_p_class" style="margin: 8px 0 0"><input id="FirstNameTB" class="sp_EmailAddrTB_input_class" name="FirstNameTB" type="text" onfocus="if(this.value=='First Name'){this.value=''};" onblur="if(this.value==''){this.value='First Name'}" style="border: 1px solid #BBBBBB; font-size: 13px; padding: 5px;" size="40" value="First Name" tabindex="501" /></p><p class="sp_FormDescriptionLbl_margin_p_class" style="margin: 8px 0 0"><input id="LastNameTB" class="sp_EmailAddrTB_input_class" name="LastNameTB" type="text" onfocus="if(this.value=='Last Name'){this.value=''};" onblur="if(this.value==''){this.value='Last Name'}" style="border: 1px solid #BBBBBB; font-size: 13px; padding: 5px;" size="40" value="Last Name" tabindex="501" /></p><p class="sp_FormDescriptionLbl_margin_p_class" style="margin: 8px 0 0"><input id="EmailAddrTB" class="sp_EmailAddrTB_input_class" name="EmailAddrTB" type="text" onfocus="if(this.value=='Email Address'){this.value=''};" onblur="if(this.value==''){this.value='Email Address'}" style="border: 1px solid #BBBBBB; font-size: 13px; padding: 5px;" size="40" value="Email Address" tabindex="501" /></p><p class="sp_FormDescriptionLbl_margin_p_class" style="margin: 8px 0 0"><input id="PhoneTB" class="sp_EmailAddrTB_input_class" name="PhoneTB" type="text" onfocus="if(this.value=='Phone'){this.value=''};" onblur="if(this.value==''){this.value='Phone'}" style="border: 1px solid #BBBBBB; font-size: 13px; padding: 5px;" size="40" value="Phone" tabindex="501" /></p><p class="sp_FormDescriptionLbl_margin_p_class" style="margin: 8px 0 0"><input id="CompanyTB" class="sp_EmailAddrTB_input_class" name="CompanyTB" type="text" onfocus="if(this.value=='Company'){this.value=''};" onblur="if(this.value==''){this.value='Company'}" style="border: 1px solid #BBBBBB; font-size: 13px; padding: 5px;" size="40" value="Company" tabindex="501" /></p><p class="sp_EmailAddrTB_margin_p_class" style="margin: 8px 0 0"><input id="FormSubmitButn" class="sp_FormSubmitButn_input_class" name="FormSubmitButn" style="color:#fff; background-color: #4f82ad; cursor: pointer; font-size: 12px; font-weight: bold; text-align:center; padding: 2px; text-decoration:none;" type="submit" onclick="SubmitSpWebFormExtended('https://aemapi.spsend.com/s/lsf/fGC555mmYaGuPI');" value="opt-Out" tabindex="502" /></p></div><script type="text/javascript" src="https://resource.sfsend.com/resources/nfiles/c9594555b2b-3661-4168-ab5c-d40dcb6e46a5/enUS/ListSubscr...>

Employee

Using a Standard Act! without customizing it or finding an addon:

Try Making a New Group.  Name it something like Opt Out Contacts.
Create a web form that has the title saying "Want to opt-out...".
When people use it it will populate the group when you Get Leads.
Then you can manually look up the contact in your database and remove.

Highlighted
Copper Contributor

Hi Carl,

thanks for your help. I see what you're saying, but there would still be an issue. I'm sending the contacts a subscriber newsletter which comes with the Act! Emarketing emails. There is an unsubscribe feature in these emails that the contacts would use - they wouldn't go and fill out another form on the website to unsubscribe, and I can't redirect them in the email otherwise - the unsubscribe feature in the Act! Emarketing emails is not removable. Even when they use this unsubscribe feature, there's no way to connect their response back to Act!. I have tested this already. 

T