Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Anyone used ACT Emarketing/Swiftpage?

Copper Super Contributor

Anyone used ACT Emarketing/Swiftpage?

At presnt I use another company. Upsides are they are very good and the cost is approx £250 per year. Just looked at Swiftpage and initially it looks pretty hard to edit templates and seems to be a lot more expensive - I worked out for our use it would be about £550 per year.

it would save me having to perform a lookup and exporting data which is good. Has anyone used them and have any feedback to give me?

Bronze Super Contributor

Re: Anyone used ACT Emarketing/Swiftpage?

Swiftpage is a great product.  Very reliable.

Integrates directly with pretty much all the versions of Act!, thus alleviates uploads and downloads.

Currently they have two different template editors depending upon level of sophistication you need.  You can also create email templates in external editors and import.

Give the free trial a try - got nothing to lose.

Nickel Elite Contributor

The integration with ACT! is critical to me personally.  I personally create my templates and upload, as the template editor is definitely a weak spot, although I've never used a competitor, so am not certain if what they might have is any better.

Why the Pro version?  Is it the call list or the 1000 emails/day?

Richard Brust
ACT! Certified Consultant
richard@rbrDataSolutions.com
Bronze Elite Contributor

Our experience with Swiftpage is mixed. There are two areas that need immediate attention.

1. HTML template editor is not up to the task.

2. The campaign (drip marketing) tool does not allow for modifying the campaign part way through. That is contrary to good marketing technique where you should fine tune your campaign based on progressive response to it. In Swiftpage it requires you to create a new campaign.

On the plus side it is a much better deal than some of the competition that lures you in...watch for the detail and up-sell in the 'to good to be true' offers out there.     

Graeme Leo
Xact Software - consultants and developers
Follow us on Twitter and check out our Blog

Copper Super Contributor

The 1000 per day would be a problem to me in that I email 5000 twice a month. It would be a pain having to break it down into batches of 1000 at a time.

I've had a quick look round the template editor and it's so much more complicated thatn my presesnt one (Eshot - which has a really simle wysiwyg on line format)

i can see that the integration with ACT is a massive plus but haven't been that impressed with the template editor. Apart from the fact that it looks really messy and bitty it doesn't seem very intuitive. I shall persevere.

Thank you everyone for the feedback.

Copper Contributor

We recently released our new editor in beta. If you would like to be switched over to that editor to test it out, just let me know and I can let our developers make that change for you. Your templates and information will all be transfered as well. You can email me at acooley@swiftpage.com. 

For the others participating in this conversation, if you would also like to be part of the beta editor please email me as well. 

Copper Super Contributor

YHM
Copper Super Contributor

Quick update... signed up to Swiftpage, did a 30 minute training video, easily sorted my template and sent my first bulk email.

Very impressed, easy to use and have had excellent support from the people at Swiftpage. The template editor may look old but once you actually use it it's great.

Worth watching the traing vid a) because it contains really useful info but b) because the woman doing the vid sounds soooooooo bored it's majestic! Made me laugh anyway.

Copper Contributor

gtdc, With regards to your update, is this with the new beta version? I would like to see what the new beta version gives me before i sign up for a fully fledged version.

If anyone else has actually used the beta version and can give an update that would be great. 

Copper Super Contributor

This is going to sound really thick but... I think it's the beta version. Simple as anything. Foolproof.