Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Add phone number link in email?

Accepted Solution Solved
Copper Contributor
Accepted Solution

Add phone number link in email?

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to add a link to a phone number in an email, similar to the mailto: when you want to add a link to create an email. Is there a way to do this? Or is the only way to create a template and import it into Act!? 

Thanks,

T

• Act! Premium Version 18.1
  • Microsoft Office Version: 1705
  • Shared Database
  • Windows 7

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author TinaA
‎09-15-2017 05:11 AM
Administrator

Re: Add phone number link in email?

[ Edited ]

Hi Tina,

Carl's advice will work if you are designing your own HTML email for importing into Act! or Swiftpage emarketing.

It's not currently possible to add clickable phone links in the Act! emarketing template editor.

A suggestion to add this feature has been previously suggested here in our Share Your Ideas board. Give the idea some kudos to increase the likelihood that it gets added in a future update.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Employee

To make a phone number clickable, simply preface it with the tel: prefix like this:

tel:1-415-555-1212 or tel:14155551212

Solution
Accepted by topic author TinaA
‎09-15-2017 05:11 AM
Administrator

[ Edited ]

Hi Tina,

Carl's advice will work if you are designing your own HTML email for importing into Act! or Swiftpage emarketing.

It's not currently possible to add clickable phone links in the Act! emarketing template editor.

A suggestion to add this feature has been previously suggested here in our Share Your Ideas board. Give the idea some kudos to increase the likelihood that it gets added in a future update.

Copper Contributor

Hi Gary,

Just wanted to let you know - my colleague tested one of my emails that had a phone number in it and when he selected it it did give him a link to call. I created it using the Act! software template editor. Even thought it appears like there is no link on a computer, it did link when viewed on a phone. 

T

Administrator

Hi TinaA,

Thanks for letting me know!

It seems some mobile devices will automatically hyperlink matching phone numbers, however this is outside of your control. No doubt it is handy though for situations like this.

I've also double checked Carl's advice, and is is possible to simply write "tel:0123456789" in order to create a hyperlink, however the tel: part will still be visible on the email.