Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act! eMarketing Template Editor not sending images

Copper Super Contributor

Act! eMarketing Template Editor not sending images

I am an Act! eMarketing (V.17...we'll be upgrading soon to 18) user and I am having serious issues with the Act eMarketing template editor frequently removing images that I've uploaded to the editor and placed in email templates (the ones generated by Act).

When I send the email out, I am getting reports back from users that they are receiving blank spaces where images should be appearing in their email client. When they click on the "view in browser" they also report that the images are not present. When you view the template using the online template editor, the images are present and view-able.

This is a serious issue and is impacting our ability to clearly and professionally communicate with our client-base. 

Any resolutions or reassurance that Act's dev team is addressing would be greatly appreciated. Suggestions on fixes would also be helpful. 

Administrator

Re: Act! eMarketing Template Editor not sending images

What are the filesizes of the images that are being affected? We recommend a maximum of 50kb and a maximum width of 600px.

If you could post a link (either publicly or by PM) to an affected campaign, we could also take a look at it, as we've not had any other recent reports about this.
Copper Super Contributor

Here is a link to our most recent eBlast: http://aem.spsend.com/ViewAsPage.aspx?BlastId=2c9e4f4f-3ec9-43d5-bbf6-eb27208aabd0&ContactId=0000000...

I get reports that sometimes the images go through for an email, other times recipients report that the same email (no changes made to it) have all the images stripped out. 

Thank you for sharing the image size req and the max dimensions. 

Administrator

In your link, all of the images are loading correctly for me. Are you seeing any issues when viewing it now?
Copper Super Contributor

It depends, as I said it's sort of intermittent. I will have users report no images on some sends, but images will appear on other sends (same email sent to the user). I've also noticed using the "Send Test To" feature in the template editor will produce the same effect...either it won't include the images on a test send, or sometimes it decides to send the images along. Again, there were no changes tot eh template. 

It's really baffling. 

Administrator

The next time you notice any problem with the images, please let us know by posting the link to the campaign so I can investigate.
Copper Super Contributor

Will do! Though I had to call support today (for the issue with the "send test to" feature not working) and talked to Deepak about it stripping images out of my stock template emails. He said it shouldn't be related to image size, as the template editor will automatically resize and reduce the image size. I will however wait until I need to send the next email and will provide you with the requested info. 

Cheers!