Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act! EMarketing - Retirement of System

Copper Super Contributor

Act! EMarketing - Retirement of System

In the UK we have received an email on 15th Feb about withdrawal of support and retirement of Act Emarketing on 1st June 2019 - 2 months away!  I am now panicking to work out what email client I can use instead of their new Marketing Automation which is 5 times the price I was paying! which will work with Smart Tasks.  Oh and does anyone know if anything is happening with Smart Tasks?

So I am currently using the legacy swiftpage emarketing product which when you log in on the web goes to swiftpageconnect.com. It the product before Act EMarketing! It cost me £9.95 per month and allowed 250 emails, drip marketing free and showed the Bright Peak templates offer on the lefthand side. yes I know this is real legacy but it works fine for what I want and we are only a 2 man business. We send some 650 emails this way a year!

We are insurance brokers and we use it in conjunction with smart tasks to send our clients reminders to complete tasks at varying points during their insurance contract. I have now asked the UK office how much the new Act Automation is going to cost and it is £56 per month!  I am told there is no import of templates and all smart tasks must be recreated! 

Which email client plug-in can I get to integrate with Act Premium version 21.0.295.0 Update 5 which will work with the smart tasks I have set up?  Our UK contact was of absolutely no use.

I have 2 months to install and redo the work so there is no interruption in the system otherwise I pay another £500 on top of my act subscription to use the new integrated Marketing Automation.

Copper Contributor

Re: Act! EMarketing - Retirement of System

I too am in the same situation.  I am one of the first customer of the legacy emarketing program as I signed up as soon as it was announced.  I'm looking into Mail Chimp which is a better email system and it integrates with ACT through a plug-in https://www.exponenciel.com/actaddons/actaddon.aspx?ID=159, but it looses some important capabilities like the call list function.

Copper Elite Contributor

You could switch to Act! emarketing (the sucessor of Swiftpage emarketing) which you can only be using until the end of the year or you decide to use AMA or a third party product. Those are the choices you have as far as I am informed correctly.
Jan Teske
ACC
jbt consulting
Copper Super Contributor

Jan,

The issue with this is that I have to spend ages up loading the templates to Act EMarketing and resetting everything which is working nicely until that is retired at the end of the year, then I am in the same position.  AMA is prohibitively expensive for me at around £75 per email!! How is that ever going to work.  Using a 3rd Party email client makes much more sense  but no one seems to have come back on the forum to answer my question as to which one may work best and how I actually go about setting it up and the problems I might encounter?  We have been act users since 2006 but it has been trial and error.  I was hoping someone who knows about 3rd party email clients might have jumped in with some info to help.

Ladybt

Copper Elite Contributor

I see... You may want to try keystroke -->https://www.keystroke.ca/en/. I am not sure whether or not they have such an Addon but if anyone does - its them.
Jan Teske
ACC
jbt consulting
Bronze Contributor

The AMA product is much much more than just eMail marketing which is why it's priced higher.  Similar products in the market run from several hundred dollars per month up to $1000 for Pardot which works with Salesforce.

If however that is too high for you, we have two products you may find of interest.  One is our SAM - Sales Automation manager which does eMail campaigns along with automation. It's not a true email marketing product like Act eMarketing or Swiftpage eMarketing, but there are ways to work around that.

We also have a Constant Contact integration which allows you to record Constant Contact histories in Act and submit your contacts from within Act to CC.

The SAM product can be found here: http://www.egenconsulting.com/sales-automation-manager.html

The Constant Contact tool is so new we have yet to add it to our store. You can send us a note using the Contact us on our website above.

However, I really do think you should consider the marketing automation that is coming with Act.  It has features in it that replace Smart Tasks to small extent. 

Patricia Egen
Certified ACT! Consultant, Trainer, Developer
www.egenconsulting.com
(423) 875-2652

Follow us on:

Visit our Popular ACT Wizards Page Wizards Here!

Copper Super Contributor

Patricia,

The AMA product is a sledge hammer to crack a nut so to speak and based on what I need and currently use,  would work out at about £75 per email!  But I do need something.  I have been an act user for over 20 years so am familiar with SAM but that is also too expensive and heavy duty for what I want, although I have considered it many times.

The constant contact which uploads history sounds more like it.  Does it work with smart tasks?  As long as I can see if someone opens or doesn't open an email, from their history that's grand.

Highlighted
Bronze Contributor

No, our constant contact app does not work with Smart tasks and never will.  Smart Tasks are a great idea but have issues in an organization where there are more than one person using the database.  We can talk about our SAM pricing if you like, if you are a one person shop. Again, go to our website and fill out the Contact us form with your email and I can set up a call/demo. http://www.egenconsulting.com/contactus.html

Patricia Egen
Certified ACT! Consultant, Trainer, Developer
www.egenconsulting.com
(423) 875-2652

Follow us on:

Visit our Popular ACT Wizards Page Wizards Here!

Copper Super Contributor

Hi Everybody,

So an update here from the UK and I'm wondering if any one usine "add-on's" specifically The Knowtifier or Same which are Keystoke add-ons.

As I posted was successfully using the old Swiftpage legacy email client in combination with smart tasks to notify my insurance renewal clients about various things to do with their policies.  I primarily need to use quite a few fields from my database like "insurer name" - "Renewal date"  "category name" etc.  Basically customised field names inside an email which goes to the client triggered by a Smart Task query.

So on 30th June old legacy Swiftpage shuts down and no longer sends the emails which have been working fine for the last 5 years!.  I am advised go to Sales Automation but as I only send 700 emails PER YEAR at the moment the cost is prohibitive on a sole trader business! £50 plus per email, plus to date I have discovered a "known issue"  Act! already have on their radar to fix but no date as to when it will be fixed.  The system TIME STAMPS any "date" field" pulled from the datebase!  Not a helpful an email that you want to look professional!

In the meantime because Sales Automation is cost prohibitive I have access to the Act Emarketing but the field list is restrictive and can only used 6 fields out of the datebase.  

I have Act! Premium version 21 on one machine. 

I am looking to find out - if I

(1) use 3rd party Mail Chimp through Act Connect (Zapier) as the email client - can I use Smart tasks  and all the fields on the database?

(2) If I buy a 3rd Party Add-on from the Add-on store like "The Knowtifier" from Keystroke CA - what happens when Act! shut down Emarketing and their email client within the system to drive everyone into Marketing Automation because I am advised here in UK that the "Marketing Automation doesn't use Smart Tasks, this is being phased out, there is a system in the Marketing Automation which used a "smart task type feature" but you wont be able to set up actual Smart Tasks".  - how will these 3rd Party apps be able to run?

(3) do I need anything alongside "The Knowtifier" to make this work with my Act! Premium Version 21

(3) - What if I bought SAM from Keystroke will there be a problem with this when they shut down smart tasks/

I am tearing my hair out, something which was working perfectly is now not going to be working at all after 30th June 2019 with no way of working out how to substitute it and Act! don't care!  I have been an Act user 25 years as a sole trader! with a heavily customised database which works just how we want it!

I have already lost 2 days works trying to work out how to import the old templates into Emarketing and then finding out they don't work because of the restricted field list.

Any help or information greatly appreciated.

Bronze Super Contributor

I think it would be best for you to contact a UK based ACT Consultant for best options.

Here is link to the ACT.com Certified Consultant page

There is a very great price promo right now to allow you to move to ACT Marketing Automation (service). ACT will help with moving suppression list and other data needed from AEM.

And, AMA has extended features that AEM did not have

Other points to note from your posting above.

1. AMA has the ability to do much more along the lines of Smart Task (Automation). That product has not been upgraded in at least 4 years.
2. SAM is not owned by Keystroke. It is owned by Patricia Egen Consulting. And, its email component does not work like a Email Marketing Service.

Once again, check with UK Consultant list and find a consultant who can help you sort out best solution for your situation.
Best Regards,
Terry Williams
TMW Consulting
Sacramento, CA
tmwilli@tmwconsulting.net
916 396-4302