Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act 2012 database and Emarketing/Drip Marketing syncronisation

Act 2012 database and Emarketing/Drip Marketing syncronisation

Hello,

I've been installed Act! 2012 (Sage Act! Premium 2012 Version 14.1.108.0) on a Windows Server 2008 R2, i've connected it with E-marketing (Emarketing Service : Pro // Drip Marketing service : Silver) but I've some questions about the E-marketing and Act! databases syncronisation :

- In Drip Marketing, when we create a campaign, the list of client come from a dynamic group in Act! but the group move every day and the client who are delete/add in the group are not delete/add on the campaign... So, i want to know if there is a solution to automaticly syncronize the list in the campaign with the Act!'s dynamic group ? Because we can not syncronize the list in Act! with the "Sync to Group button" every hours... If is there a plugin or a programmation to do ? thank you to tell me how because we really need it...

- We can not access to the "List Manager" function when we click on the button, we have an error message : "Error, your are not allowed to use this function" (traduction from the french message that we have)... Is there a thing to do before access at the list manager ?

- For the survey, could we send the answer gaven by the client in the Act!'s database ? in custom fields or only in classic field ?

- How could we load custom fields of Act! database in an e-mail ? if we keep the classic shema like : [[Custom_Field]] in the editor, it will work ?

Sorry for my english but i'm french and there's no french suport to help me Smiley Sad

Thank you a lot for your help and have a good day Smiley Happy

PS : the traduction of the footer is not good in french... it's a little problem because the clients do not understand where they have to click to stop to receive the e-mail... So if the probleme can be resolve it will be great... Otherwise, is there a solution to custom the footer manually ?

Platinum Super Contributor

Re: Act 2012 database and Emarketing/Drip Marketing syncronisation

Hello LCH_D&D,

Welcome to the ACT! Community!

I'll try to cover all of your issues.

1. Drip Marketing automatic sync:  There isn't a function within Sage ACT! to automatically sync the group.  I'm not aware of any add-ons that would provide automated sync.

2. Access 'List Manager' not allowed:  I'm unable to determine why you cannot access the List Manager - I haven't been able to find any documentation stating that is it not available in certain situations/accounts.  You may want to contact Swiftpage support directly at:

International
Monday - Friday
8:00am - 12:00am UTC (GMT)
Phone: +1+303-978-1000

3. Survey responses populate custom fields?  Yes.

To have the survey responses populate fields:

- Sign into Swiftpage account

- click Surveys (ensure survey displayed is the desired template.  To change templates click 'Change Current')

- Click Survey Result Options

Template will be displayed, ensure 'Database Update' is enabled and 'Select a Database Type:' is 'Act'.

- Click Submit

- Review 'Survey Questions' and select appropriate 'Database Fields'

- Click Submit to save changes

- When Results are applied to the database, the mapping will determine the fields populated

4. Custom Fields in Template:

I assume you are referring to adding fields to a template to be used with an e-mail blast (not a survey).  To add database fields to be populated by the ACT! database, you can add the fields to the template through the template editor.  You are correct, the format is [[field name]].  Within both the Advanced and Basic template editors, you can add the fields using the 'Mail Merge fields' drop-down.

5. Customized Footer:  Only your information in the footer can be customized.  There isn't an option to customize the Swiftpage and Opt-out portions. 

I hope that helps!

Greg Martin
Sage

Hello !

Thank you a lot for your answers ! It is perfect !

For the list manager problem, i will try to call the swiftpage support.

Once again, thank you a lot and i will be back on this forum if I have other problems, because the moderators seem to be very nice and helpful Smiley Happy

Have a good day !

Hello !

I have a little problem to have the survey responses populate custom fields...

When I want select the appropriate 'Database Field', i have only the 'basic fields' from Act!, I have not the custom fields that i have created in Act! database ...

Have you an idea to resolve this problem ?

Thank you for help and have a good day !

Platinum Super Contributor

Be sure to send a test email blast from the database before attempting to edit the template. The Swiftpage account will remember the fields of the database from the most recent blast.

Sign out of Swiftpage, sending the test blast from the desired database, sign back into the Swiftpage account and the list of fields should be updated.
Greg Martin
Sage