03-28-2013 01:08 PM
I've been installed Act! 2012 (Sage Act! Premium 2012 Version 184.108.40.206) on a Windows Server 2008 R2, i've connected it with E-marketing (Emarketing Service : Pro // Drip Marketing service : Silver) but I've some questions about the E-marketing and Act! databases syncronisation :
- In Drip Marketing, when we create a campaign, the list of client come from a dynamic group in Act! but the group move every day and the client who are delete/add in the group are not delete/add on the campaign... So, i want to know if there is a solution to automaticly syncronize the list in the campaign with the Act!'s dynamic group ? Because we can not syncronize the list in Act! with the "Sync to Group button" every hours... If is there a plugin or a programmation to do ? thank you to tell me how because we really need it...
- We can not access to the "List Manager" function when we click on the button, we have an error message : "Error, your are not allowed to use this function" (traduction from the french message that we have)... Is there a thing to do before access at the list manager ?
- For the survey, could we send the answer gaven by the client in the Act!'s database ? in custom fields or only in classic field ?
- How could we load custom fields of Act! database in an e-mail ? if we keep the classic shema like : [[Custom_Field]] in the editor, it will work ?
Sorry for my english but i'm french and there's no french suport to help me
Thank you a lot for your help and have a good day
PS : the traduction of the footer is not good in french... it's a little problem because the clients do not understand where they have to click to stop to receive the e-mail... So if the probleme can be resolve it will be great... Otherwise, is there a solution to custom the footer manually ?
03-29-2013 09:11 AM
Welcome to the ACT! Community!
I'll try to cover all of your issues.
1. Drip Marketing automatic sync: There isn't a function within Sage ACT! to automatically sync the group. I'm not aware of any add-ons that would provide automated sync.
2. Access 'List Manager' not allowed: I'm unable to determine why you cannot access the List Manager - I haven't been able to find any documentation stating that is it not available in certain situations/accounts. You may want to contact Swiftpage support directly at:
Monday - Friday
8:00am - 12:00am UTC (GMT)
3. Survey responses populate custom fields? Yes.
To have the survey responses populate fields:
- Sign into Swiftpage account
- click Surveys (ensure survey displayed is the desired template. To change templates click 'Change Current')
- Click Survey Result Options
Template will be displayed, ensure 'Database Update' is enabled and 'Select a Database Type:' is 'Act'.
- Click Submit
- Review 'Survey Questions' and select appropriate 'Database Fields'
- Click Submit to save changes
- When Results are applied to the database, the mapping will determine the fields populated
4. Custom Fields in Template:
I assume you are referring to adding fields to a template to be used with an e-mail blast (not a survey). To add database fields to be populated by the ACT! database, you can add the fields to the template through the template editor. You are correct, the format is [[field name]]. Within both the Advanced and Basic template editors, you can add the fields using the 'Mail Merge fields' drop-down.
5. Customized Footer: Only your information in the footer can be customized. There isn't an option to customize the Swiftpage and Opt-out portions.
I hope that helps!
04-02-2013 04:00 AM
Thank you a lot for your answers ! It is perfect !
For the list manager problem, i will try to call the swiftpage support.
Once again, thank you a lot and i will be back on this forum if I have other problems, because the moderators seem to be very nice and helpful
Have a good day !
04-29-2013 06:31 AM
I have a little problem to have the survey responses populate custom fields...
When I want select the appropriate 'Database Field', i have only the 'basic fields' from Act!, I have not the custom fields that i have created in Act! database ...
Have you an idea to resolve this problem ?
Thank you for help and have a good day !
05-03-2013 01:20 PM