Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

AEM web form lead capture and duplicates

Nickel Contributor

AEM web form lead capture and duplicates

What data field(s) is/are used when clicking "Get Leads" so that multiple Contact records are not created?

Dan Pisano
ACT! Certified Consultant
The Dapian Group, LLC
Employee

Re: AEM web form lead capture and duplicates

Hello Dan,

The AEM Webforms and Get Leads check on the fields that they include to prevent duplicates when importing. However they only check other contacts imported with Get Leads. 

If you change the imported info or delete the imported contact downloading the leads with Get Leads again will create a new duplicate. I've just found that part through testing and will be taking that up to Development to see if we can modify how this works as I don't believe it should work this way.

Nickel Contributor

Re: AEM web form lead capture and duplicates

Thanks Brock. However, I am experiencing something other than what you are.

I created a new group "AAA Group" and web form. I went to the web form and entered "Al Jones, pisanodan@xxx.com, 800-555-1212 and Jones Company" and clicked submit.

NOTE: pisanodan@xxx.com is in an existing Contact record with "Danny Pisano, 704-365-4322 and The Dapian Group,LLC".

When I clicked "Get Leads" for "AAA Group" one record appeared in the Contacts tab and it is for the record (mentioned above) that was already in Act!.

So, it appears that this process is resolving on the emal address and NOTHING else. Which I believe is fine.

Dan Pisano
ACT! Certified Consultant
The Dapian Group, LLC