Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT/swiftpage says not connected to internet...but it is? Sync etc works, but not swiftpage etc?

Skilled Commentator

ACT/swiftpage says not connected to internet...but it is? Sync etc works, but not swiftpage etc?

Hi,

I'm trying to set up swiftpage on premium 2012 (have just upgraded and used it on past versions).  When I click the swiftpage tab it says: "There was an error communicating with the server that may have been due to a timeout.  Would you like to try again with a longer timeout?" A longer timeout does not work.

When I open ACT I also get the following message: "We cannot access your Sage Connected Services account at this time - Please make sure your Internet connection is active and try again".  This isn't an issue, I'm just mentioning it as they may be related.

I am having these issues with both the main database and the remote database, so two computers

I am definitly conencted to the internet and other internet functions work fine, ie the sync works from main database to remote database.  

Please let me know what to do.

Thanks,

Scott

Silver Contributor

Re: ACT/swiftpage says not connected to internet...but it is? Sync etc works, but not swiftpage etc?

We have seen this with a corrupted user record.

BACK UP YOUR DATABASE FIRST

Try logging in as another user and see if it works. If it does, you can make a new user record and delete the original. When you delete the original, make sure you assign your records to the new user you made.  Then you can rename your new users to the original user name.  BACK UP YOUR DATABASE FIRST

Test Drive Act! and Quickbooks over Citrix http://GoTryAct.com

Jon Klubnik| ActTrainer.com
(866)710 4228

ACT! Certified Consultant / ACT! Premier Trainer / ACT! Hosting Provider

Skilled Commentator

Re: ACT/swiftpage says not connected to internet...but it is? Sync etc works, but not swiftpage etc?

Hii John,

That doesn't sound good! Is it a big problem?

I can't log in as another user as I only have one user.  What should I do?

Thanks,

Scott

Platinum Super Contributor

Try the steps in this article: KB Article 27857

Greg Martin
Sage