Do you mean 

ACT emarketing Getting Started Tab-Country field lists County's

Accepted Solution Solved
JM
Nickel Contributor
Accepted Solution

ACT emarketing Getting Started Tab-Country field lists County's

[ Edited ]

USA version Running Prem ACT! 18.1.103 Update2, on Win10 64 bit with Office 2016.

Support confirmed no issue with Demo2016.  But my custom DB if I try to create the ACT! emarketing account in the Getting Started Tab the Country:* field drop-down list shows my custom Counties field/ List.

I was able to create a logon account and told even though I selected a CA county emarketing will still work. (I just started testing this so we will see).

For what its worth if ACT! not yet sure what is wrong I found comparing DB Demo2016 to my CustomDB differences. If you run ACTDIAG Reports create the Field Usage my Custom DB is not showing Country but for Demo2016 it does.

Probably not related but I also notice for my DB the Country (ACT system field) I changed the label name long time ago (V10) to Country_B.  In the report it shows the Physical name different CUST_County_BB_040151825 Uppercase NVARCHAR(22).  Even if I change the label name the Physical will not change.  I did  notice some other fields where the Field and Physical names did not exactly match. I assume maybe the first time I created a field or changed it one or more times back in the versions ACT 2010-12 days then it would not be possible to also change the Physical name.

JM

emarketing_logonForm.jpg

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author JM
‎05-10-2016 03:06 PM
Administrator

Re: ACT emarketing Getting Started Tab-Country field lists County's

I'd say, after you've set up your account, the only other field names to pay attention to, would be the mail merge fields accessible in AEM:

chrome_2016-05-10_10-02-15.png

As long as these system fields are correct and haven't been reused for other purposes, I would expect things to work fine.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Administrator

Hi JM,

Yes, this looks like the effect of renaming a system field in an older version of the database. I would suggest creating your Act emarketing account in another database, then logging in on the affected database.

If you have reused any other system fields, then you may see issues with mail merge fields in AEM.

Act is now much more strict about reusing system fields for other purposes, to avoid this in future.
JM
Nickel Contributor

Gary W.,

I was thinking to call support again to get another Rep that may have more knowledge on addressing how to correct my DB that maybe using the Country field issue. Since they say its a bug they need to fix, but you agree I may have altered a system field which implies I need to make a fix in DB?

For Contact Table, Define Fields, I can't rename it back to original name nor delete it Country_b (what I named it to long ago) and in the ACTDIAG report the Physical name is CUST_County_BB_040151825. I wonder if ACT! will be making a fix that will allow me to fix this field?

I am able to rename some other System fields so that is concerning that Country is corrupt or is locked down so hard I can't make any changes?

The Save As empty copy of DB trick (several other steps) will not fix it so is there a way to go deeper to recover the country field?

JM

Administrator

Hi JM,

Please can you attach the field list CSV database report from ActDiag, so we may look into what has been modified. 

ActDiag_2016-05-05_10-55-00.png

It might be the case that the database needs to be sent in to our technical support team for repair. 

JM
Nickel Contributor

Gary W,

I sent you Private Message with Dropbox link to the Shared file .CSV but here is the extraction for the Country field at issue in the attached TXT file in case others like to at least see what we are talking about.

JM

Administrator

Thanks JM,

I'll let you know what we find.
Administrator

Just to confirm, are you no longer able to rename the country field?
Does the field appear locked, or are you getting an error when you try?
JM
Nickel Contributor

[ Edited ]

On my Copy Test DB. Correct can't rename or change the field length, but I can change the character type from Upper to Character.

OF COURSE as I just ran that check I can ALL OF THE SUDDEN change the field name????

When I get back I'll run more tests.  Only thing I did yesterday is run more repair and reindex?

Ugh!

JM 

Update:

Recreated copy and that one I can't rename NOR can I change the field type.  Running repairs and reindex and now getting timeout period expired Y/N want to do additional repair.  Clearly ACT is show problem with DB so I'm recording my steps because I tried this a couple days ago and did not do a change field type then rename field.  More to come.

JM
Nickel Contributor

[ Edited ]

Gary W.

Revised May 6th 11PM

Just got off the phone with support was able fix the errors and remove a TestDB I could no longer remove in ACTDiag list of DB.

The correct order after Save As Copy DB, open DB run in ACT Tools Repair/Reindex, close ACT, run ACTDIAG do Check, then Repair then Reindex to avoid the errors like "Timeout expired." then being asked do I want to do more in-depth repair. (see attached JPG).

Now I was able to rename Contact tables Country field and even change the Field type from Upper to Charc.

eMarketing logon/off Country field still shows my CA Counties dropdown pick-list.

We left off for tier-2 support to call me back to find out what I heard over the phone earlier this week. Is there a reported ACT problem with emarketing and the Country field pick-list.

I just found maybe the problem the Picklists Associated with Columns pointing to counties for system fields I robbed and labeled as County.

This is my generated Field Detail Report for the my DB.

Table Name:         Column Name:                              ACT! Field               Picklist

TBL_ADDRESS   COUNTRYNAME                         Country                    Counties

TBL_CONTACT    ANY_COUNTRYNAME              Any Country            Counties

TBL_COMPANY   BILLING_COUNTRYNAME       Billing County        Counties

TBL_COMPANY   BUSINESS_COUNTRYNAME  County                     Counties

TBL_COMPANY   SHIPPING_COUNTRYNAME   Shipping County    Counties

TBL_CONTACT    HOME_COUNTRYNAME          County_L                 Counties

TBL_GROUP         ANY_COUNTRYNAME             Any Country Field  Counties

TBL_GROUP         BUSINESS_COUNTRYNAME  Country                   Counties

VWT_SECONDARY_CONTACT   SECONDARY_COUNTRY   Secondary Country    Counties

My other report DB Fields CSV to compare or match what fields I robbed.

Table Name:         Column Name:                                      Column Displayname       Created By:          OLEDB2 Column:           Alias:

TBL_CONTACT    CUST_1_County_B_095705242     1_County_B                        AdminELT             1_COUNTY_B                1_COUNTY_B
TBL_CONTACT    CUST_3_County_B_091627891     3_County_B                        AdminELT             3_County_B                    3_County_B
TBL_CONTACT    CUST_County_BB_040151825       County_B                            AdminELT              COUNTY_B                     COUNTY_B
TBL_CONTACT    HOME_COUNTRYNAME                  County_L                            ACT! System          HOME_COUNTRY        HOME_COUNTRY
TBL_COMPANY   BILLING_COUNTRYNAME               Billing County                    ACT! System          BILLING_COUNTRY    BILLING_COUNTRY
TBL_COMPANY   BUSINESS_COUNTRYNAME          County                                ACT! System          COUNTRY                      COUNTRY
TBL_COMPANY   SHIPPING_COUNTRYNAME           Shipping County               ACT! System          SHIPPING_COUNTRY SHIPPING_COUNTRY
TBL_OPPORTUNITY SOURCE                                        County_L                           ACT! System          REFERRED_BY             REFERRED_BY

TBL_CONTACT    BUSINESS_COUNTRYNAME         Country                                ACT! System          COUNTRY                       COUNTRY
TBL_CONTACT     HOME_COUNTRYNAME                County_L                            ACT! System          HOME_COUNTRY         HOME_COUNTRY
TBL_GROUP        BUSINESS_COUNTRYNAME         Country                                ACT! System          COUNTRY                        COUNTRY 

VWT_SECONDARY_CONTACT  SECONDARY_COUNTRY  Secondary Country  ACT! System    SECONDARY_COUNTRY SECONDARY_COUNTRY

Is there a way to fix the Picklist?

JM

Administrator

If you were to point your original countries field back to the countries picklist though Define Fields (assuming you haven't renamed and re-used the countries picklist), then that should fix the emarketing countries dropdown.