Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

What about questions with no responses

Bronze Contributor

What about questions with no responses

I thought that by osting to the community forum I would always get a response from someone suitably qualified within the ACT! group. Imagine my dismay when a number of my posts over the past few months never rate a response from anyone. Is there any technical resourse actually dedicated to this forum and if an answer is not known does Sage make a comittment to have this esculated to a suitable respondant.

Otherwise this resource is a complete waste of time for those who come here to post any serious question.

Paul Buchtmann
pbuchtmann@ozemail.com.au Australia
Australia's First ACT Consultant (1989)

FREE Record History to change default to Call or To-Do for ACT! 2010-2012 versions. Custom versions also available.
Copper Elite Contributor

Re: What about questions with no responses

Hi Paul,

The community is provided to help customers and partners discuss Sage ACT! products and exchange ideas, tips, techniques, etc. It is not a Sage technical support site, but rather a user-driven community, as stated in our community guidelines. That said, we do have moderators and other Sage employees who are very active in the community.

Response times do affect the health and vibrancy of a community, so we do keep a close eye on them. Both the members and moderators of this community do a great job in keeping the Sage ACT! Community response time far below the average response time of 16-20 hours for most communities.

In searching the entire community, I am unable to locate any posts from you that are awaiting a response.  If you have something specific, would you please re-share it with community members in the most appropriate forum so they can have another opportunity to respond?

Thanks,

Bronze Contributor

[ Edited ]

Tawny,

Whaile I appreciate what you have said I do not agree with you analagy about response being compared to other communities. I find this forum slow especially in my part of the world very slow and actually have to open each page as a new window otherwise the waiting would mean I would rarely visit.

a) This site is promoted as part of the Sage support offering so deserves as good a technical response as possible. I do see some very technical people in here are times so when very technical questions are asked they should be esculated to an approporiate level.

b) As we all know user response while often appreciated by all can also be way off the mark when it comes to a solution.

c) Previously I could add my picture to my profile but with changes I see that some still have this ability but not others so why not make the community where we are all equals.

d) I would like to be able to flag particular posts that are part of my login page when I come back to this forum

e) It would be nice if my login was remembered but it never is and I have to log in each time

f) Would love to have an offline reader capability like a newsreader then maybe I would participate more often.

So this is my wishlist and while I do not expect anything to change will just have to work with what is available.

The two items have not been answered in anything of a satisfactory way are

1. Regarding the SOCKS level of communication when ACT is opening

2. Updating a database with SP1 in 2011 and a schema error

I have been checking on a more frequent basis but with the slowness in my area of this forum

IMHO the problem with these types of forums is their basic structure is disorginised and they just plunder on growing every larger. It is about time someone organise a more structured forum so everyone found them useful.

Paul Buchtmann

FREE Record History to change default to Call or To-Do for ACT! 2010-2012 versions. Custom versions also available.
Copper Elite Contributor

Paul thanks, as always your feedback is appreciated. The response time stats I shared are not our metrics, they are the average response times across all Lithium communities like ours and we do fall well below the average response time.

On the forum slowness in your area -- I'd be happy to engage Lithium (our software provider) to see if they can do some testing on your behalf.  Can you share with me your browser, version, any examples of time delays you experience, times your are experiencing this slowness, etc.? The more specific you can be the better for them to attempt to resolve.

I'd like to have our moderators take a look tha the two posts you mention, however, when I do a search using the wording you provided I don't get any results other than this post.  Would you be able to send the urls to those two posts?

Please feel free to send me a private message with this information.

Thanks,

Tawny

Bronze Super Contributor

I've been watching this thread... (which I think Paul is referring to)

http://community.act.com/t5/Sage-ACT/ACT-2011-takes-4-5-minutes-to-load-on-Terminal-Server-user/m-p/...

This relates to SOCKS question.... quite interested.

Haven't looked for the other...

Ben.

Copper Elite Contributor

Thanks Ben! I'll escalate this to our tech team.

Thanks,

Bronze Contributor

Ben,

If you want a workaround that seems to resolve give me a call directly but I believe with more administrators locking down their systems this need to have a technical response. Thanks for highlighting.

Paul Buchtmann

Copper Contributor

Im sorry for reviving such an old thread, but we seem to be experiencing the same thing. We've posted several problems on the forum, bugs in Act 2011, and all of them have gone mostly ignored by Sage itself.

Tmergel you mention that the community forum is not the place for that? Then where should we report these bugs? How should we get help for this? Pay extra for support? After paying a substantial sum each year to upgrade we feel that we shouldn't have to pay to get help with true BUGS in Act.

Contact your sage retailer and certified consultant? We have, several times. They seem to be as helpful as your average rock in helping to get our problems fixed. The hurdle to become a "certified consultant" must not be very high...

Contact your local sage department? We have, we've contacted Sage Belgium. They proved to be just as useful as the retailer (certified consultant) that sold us Act. We get a nice mail saying "We're going to help you" and that's the last we hear of that. Months go by and nothing.

Is this how sage treats it's customers?

Thing is, like most of the posts about real problems this will probably get ignored.

Bronze Contributor

Europower thank you for reminding me it has now been a month and while I have found a workaround for this particular problem when it is stated here it has been esculated personally I expect a response within 30 days. It does seem if you are off the front page your issues is lost whihc is why I liked newsgroups better than these web forums. Maybe I am just getting older.

Like you Europower I have to wonder if this this is not the place to post the problem where is an approporiate resource as I could list at least 8 or 9 issues that have been reported to Sage via technical in years gone past and they are still problems today, so do these things even get esculated to a higher authority?

If you have technical questions I am happy to try and provide an answer preferrably just send me an email. I love some of the challenging questions that come from users even if the best advice I can give is I do not know the answer.

Paul Buchtmann

Copper Contributor

I'm grateful for the offer, but most of the problems we've encountered seem to be bugs within the program. We were hoping 2011SP1HF5 would fix some of these, but were quite disapointed when testing it. Especially when we notice during tests using a 2012 trial, all but one of these bugs are fixed in 2012. So it's not like they don't know about them, or don't have a solution for them. They just didn't fix em. For whatever reason.