Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

UNLINK all companies from all contacts

Accepted Solution Solved
Copper Contributor
Accepted Solution

UNLINK all companies from all contacts

I have ACT! Pro 16.  It's very annoying to have contacts and companies linked.  When I look up a contact, I want only that contact and not all the contacts for that company.  How does one go about unlinking?

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author FEC2311
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM

Re: UNLINK all companies from all contacts

Had the same problem, hated it!

If you go to list view and then tag all, click the contacts tab on the tool bar and from the drop down list choose Unlink from company you will open a window click to proceed and they will all be unlinked.  Be aware If you have a lot of entries it may take a long time, I had nearly 4,000 and it took two atempts and an ACT shutdown to get there.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by topic author FEC2311
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM

Had the same problem, hated it!

If you go to list view and then tag all, click the contacts tab on the tool bar and from the drop down list choose Unlink from company you will open a window click to proceed and they will all be unlinked.  Be aware If you have a lot of entries it may take a long time, I had nearly 4,000 and it took two atempts and an ACT shutdown to get there.

Almost forgot,

You may need to change the preferences to stop it happening again.

Click on tools, go to preferences, admin tab (top right) click Company Preferences and make sure company creation is set to Zero if you are running a remote database you may need to do this on the server.