Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

The "." computer could not be reached because the IP address " " could not be resoved.....

The "." computer could not be reached because the IP address " " could not be resoved.....

I'm using ACT!ProV16 with Commercial Real Estate overlay, Microfoft Office 2013 Professional (32-bit) and Window 7 (64-bit). It's very often that I just can't open the existing database and a dialog box showing as follows:  

The "." computer could not be reached because the IP address " " could not be resoved. Verifying the "." computer is on the network, that it has the correct IP address, and that microsift SQL Server is properly installed may resolve this issue.

This problem can only be resolved whenever I scan the computer with Geek Tech and reboot. I'm talking about scanning with Geek Tech several time a week and it's nuisance for a new program. I've been trying to fix the root problem to reintall the Microsoft SQL Server, but don't know how. I'm currently using SQL Server 2008 R2 with Service Pack 1. Can anyone in the community advise how to resolve it?