Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

The RPC server is unavailable (Exception from HRESULTS: 0x800706BA)

[ Edited ]

Hello All,

I am currently having issues doing mail merges from Act! version 16.0.9 via Outlook 2013 (Office 2013 Home & Business) under Windows 8.

I received the following message from Act!:

Outlook also shuts down because I also receive a message from Windows indicating it enountered an error.

I have been on the phone for numerous hours with both Act! and Microsoft.  So far no luck on a resolution.

I have found a work-a-round, but it is slowing down my daily production.

Any suggestions? 

Note - I did find a thread from 5/2011 but it didn't have any resolutions listed.

Copper Contributor

Re: The RPC server is unavailable (Exception from HRESULTS: 0x800706BA)

We're having the same problem with Act (16.0.291.0 Hotfix 5) and Office (365 Home Premium 15.0.4569.1508) on Windows 8.1. For us, the error occurs when sending a new email from a contact, not with a mail-merge, but I expect it's related through the mail bridge mechanism.

The issue we had yesterday was an error message with an error messae: "Object reference not set to an instance of an object" and the work-around we found for that was to not launch Act from a pinned shortcut in the taskbar, but rather to launch it from the desktop shortcut or start menu... but today that error seems to occur regardless of where it was launched. But today we've also got the RPC server error message when Outlook is open. If I have Outlook CLOSED, the new mail window opens and I can write it, then when I click SEND, the message disappears (and will wind uo in Outlook's outbox, but not sending - which is normal), then we open Outlook and the message goes out.

This is a huge pain in the rear and needs to be addressed. This is a fresh install of Windows, Office and Act (in that order) and an upgraded database migrated from a 2012 version. I don't believe it to be an error with the database, the profile or user account and I'd rather not entertain the idea of un/reinstalling everything or creating a new user profile to test a theory. We need a hard fix please!

Copper Contributor

Re: The RPC server is unavailable (Exception from HRESULTS: 0x800706BA)

Solved our issue -- may be the same for yours. Got online with Act support and the issue was found to be that Act was being run with adminstrative priviledges but Outlook was not. When both were set to Run as Admin, the same error ocurred, but when both were set without, the errors disappeared and emails were going out! Hope this works for anyone else running into this issue.