Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Subscription email subject

Platinum Elite Contributor

Subscription email subject

Would it be possible to get the Thread Subject included in the Subject of the subscription emails?

Or that the site only sends a subscription email for the next post to a thread and then stops till after you have re-visited the site

I realise that no-one would be subscribed to as many threads as I am, but most users (especially those helping others) will eventually subscribe to multiple threads and it's time consuming to read each subscription email, even after you've gone back and dealt with the new information.
Copper Contributor

Re: Subscription email subject

I can check on this, but I don't believe that email subject lines can be changed at this point. Have you tried managing subscriptions through your dashboard here instead of through email? Since you are following a large number of threads, you might also try an RSS feed reader. You could read the boards and then immediately go to the feed reader and mark all messages as read so that you would start fresh again. The feed reader might be able to be set to send you emails in the format you want as well.

I use an RSS reader to see new threads by subscribing to the boards, but it to much to subscribe to each thread as well

Or even if the subscription only sent one email per thread till you next visited the thread?

But adding the Thread subject to the Sub Email subject would really be a good idea

Actually, I don't know if this is an option... but if the XML for the Board included replies to threads instead of just the first post, it would be a much more powerful option.