Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Sticky post with reminder

Copper Contributor

Sticky post with reminder

I would like to see a sticky post that resides above the newsgroups to remind people that seek advise to:

- specify the version of act (help - about)
- specify the configuration they are working with
- in case of an error: the exact error description
- and: steps to reproduce

This would surely help the active community to skip the opening messages of many posts where the above criteria are not clear.

Also it would be nice to mention in the sticky note that it is nice to also make a final post in case the problem is solved.

Kind regards,

Rene van der Velde
aka "The Dutch Betatester"

Kind regards,

Rene van der Velde
The Netherlands
aka 'The Dutch Betatester'
Champion Listener

Re: Sticky post with reminder

Dutch,
This is a great suggestion we can "Float" a thread to the top of a board. Now that you have had time to think about these points, do you have anything else you would like to add? 

Also, a concept called "Accepted Solutions" is coming soon. I think you'll like it. 
Platinum Elite Contributor

Adding fields to the profile for ACT! version (including build), Office version, email client, hardware configuration, other software, etc...

Add a pop-up to a new Windows for the config info from the Profile

Then users can fill that info once and save a lot of time having to ask them to post it with each new thread.

I was just looking for a spot to post the suggestion that when registering all users are encouraged to put their ACT version and other tech info in their signatures, but the above suggestion where you have to input the information would work just as well, potentially also enabling SAGE to quickly spread information to relevant users when there is a major issue with a particular version.
Office / Outlook 2007
ACT 2007 (9.0 v 9.01.162)