Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Sorting messages

Nickel Contributor

Sorting messages

Is there a way to have the messages in each board listed by new message first?

I see I can sort postings by date which is a start but it would be nice to have all new postings listed at the top of the list by default.  Is that in the works?

Matt Pulsts
Your Intown Handyman
Atlanta, GA
Copper Contributor

Re: Sorting messages

Hi,

I'm not quite understanding the question. If we use the terminology of posts in threads on boards in categories on the community, could you rephrase? 

If you want to see threads ordered by newest posts first, you go to your profile preferences, then under Linear Format Message Sorting Order within Threads choose: Newest to Oldest / Date Descending.

Nickel Contributor

Sorry, its been a long day. let me try to clarify.

I have no problem with the order within threads. I like them oldest to newest, just makes sense to methat way, thanks for the pointer though. I dug through the preferences and didnt see a setting for what i want so let me try  again.

When im looking at the list of posts on a board (ie, i click on the "ACT" board and see a list of all the postings) i see highlighted entries denoting "new posts". It also tells me how many new posts in each thread in the "new" column.  hmm, does this make sense? Id like to be able to sort by the "new" column so that all threads with new (as in unread) posts are at the top.

Maybe even... I like the "browse all boards" feature, how about a "browse all new posts" feature of some sort?

Matt Pulsts
Your Intown Handyman
Atlanta, GA
Copper Contributor

Hi,

Sorry, neither of those is currently available. I know being able to see new posts across all boards has been a request. I will turn in a request for the sort by new posts column. 

There is a page that you can use to see the most recent threads in order of thread creation date across all boards: 

http://community.act.com/sage/newthreads

Thanks for the suggestions. Smiley Happy

Platinum Elite Contributor