Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Some community requests

Platinum Elite Contributor

Some community requests

I had sent these via PM to a moderator in a discussion, but I thought I'd post them here also.
  • Add the thread subject to the subscription email subject. Most other sites do and it easier when there are multiple replies from a thread to deal with them at the same time and delete the other emails
  • Be nice to make it easier for PDA access... either mobile CSS or ability to reply to a thread by replying to the email
  • Create an add-ons forum for people to ask about specific add-ons or see if somone can make one. Invite the add-on vendors approved by Sage to contribute
  • Allow the sort of the boards by the New column
  • Email notification or RSS for Private Messages
  • Social or personal networking forum
  • Link available to Trusted contributors (or higher) to forward a thread to Sage support when a bug or a KB error is identified (similar to the Report to moderator function)
  • Ability to add HTML to the macros and be able to add them in the WYSIWYG post entry screen
  • Add international eStore links and encourage regional office to link to the site from their sites

Re: Some community requests

3 more:
  • ability to use Macros with HTML or even just URLs in the WYSIWYG editor
  • Preference to do a spell check automaticlly when submitting any post
  • The URL in thread subscription emails should open the to the post, not just the top of the thread
Copper Contributor

Thanks for the suggestions. I'll be forwarding them to the appropriate parties.

About the html in macros: macros allow the same html as posts. If you are using the graphical editor for posts, you can click to the bottom right under the posting window on Edit as HTML, then use the macro, then change back to the graphical editor. I use this frequently. Am I not understanding what you want?

Also, we would be interested in what you and other members would like to see in a "Social or personal networking forum". Would you like a board that would stick mostly to business topics or more of an anything goes "water cooler" discussion?

tashina wrote:

Thanks for the suggestions. I'll be forwarding them to the appropriate parties.

About the html in macros: macros allow the same html as posts. If you are using the graphical editor for posts, you can click to the bottom right under the posting window on Edit as HTML, then use the macro, then change back to the graphical editor. I use this frequently. Am I not understanding what you want?

If you have something like www.act.com in a macro and just put it in the graphical editor, it pastes as test. Add a space after it and the editor adds the link. It would be a lot slower to create the link in HTML and have to switch between the 2 editors. Just wondering if the graphical editor can add the link from a macro like it does with typing it or pasting a URL from a browser.

Also, we would be interested in what you and other members would like to see in a "Social or personal networking forum". Would you like a board that would stick mostly to business topics or more of an anything goes "water cooler" discussion?

One of each would probably work... see if they get used. I assume adding forums is a simple task?

What is the recommended way to get potential bugs raised with support/development?

Maybe, as a potential feature for this site, Super Contributors (and maybe Trusted Contributors) can have an additional function like the "Report Abuse" called "Report Potential Bug" where a Sage Moderator will be notified and can have support and/or development have a look at the thread and log it internally?