Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Repeated password reset

Repeated password reset

Every time I try to sign into the Community, my password is not recognized and I have to reset it.  What is happening?  Thank you!

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Repeated password reset

Hi Deb,
I'm sorry to hear of the login issues you are having. Please see your Private Messages in this forum regarding this issue.

Thank you,

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Copper Contributor

I have exactly the same problem. Every time I log on to this forum I must reset the password in order to get in. Further, I don't even reset the password - I don't type in the New Password field, I just type the same password into the Confirm Password field and it "resets". What do I need to do to stop this reset requirement? Thanks.

Hello Arkwight,

Please see your Private Messages in this forum.

Thank you,

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Copper Contributor

Hi Greg,

I'm replying to your private message in this thread as you suggest.

Your password reset didn't work. I had to log in to see your private message, and in order to log in I had of course to "change" the password again. However, it had remembered my old password again and had not changed it to the one you said you had changed it to..... I changed the password to a number of new passwords but each time I logged out and logged in again I had to reset the password each time in order to log in.

Many thanks for your help.

Do you have cookies enabled in your browser? Looks like you using Firefox 15 (as I am).

Greig Hollister

Copper Contributor

Hi Greg,

Thanks for this.

"Accept Cookies from sites" is checked

"Accept third party cookies" is checked

Keep until: "they expire" is selected

(and always have been....)

I am indeed using Mozilla v15.

Many thanks for your help !

Do you have another browser you can try - IE9 and Chrome?

Greig Hollister

Copper Contributor

I've tried IE9 as well. It does exactly the same thing, I try to log in with what I know to be the correct password (and which I never change). I have to reset the password every single time I log on to the forum - which is a monumental pain in the **** !

Copper Contributor

And again this morning.......same password, same reset.....(I came online to post about another topic and thought I'd have a look to see if there is a fix yet - obviously not......)

This is something that the list tech administrator really should sort out.