Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Receive Emails on your Thread

Champion Listener

Receive Emails on your Thread

Did you know that you can 'Subscribe' to a thread.

If you have posted a thread or wish to monitor the dialogue of a thread you can 'Subscribe' to it in one of two ways:

1. If you are posting the thread itself, there is a checkbox at the bottom of the "New Message" page that says: E-Mail me if someone replies to this thread." Check that box and the community will send you an update.
2. If you are looking at a thread and find it of interest, there is a drop-down menu next to "Reply" that says "Thread Options". Click on "Thread Options" and select "Add This Thread to My Subscriptions". Now the community will send you an email every time there is an update.

Other really cool features let you individually:
  • "Float" a thread to the top of the board.
  • Email a Message to a Friend
  • Highlight a Message

Finally, there is spell check (the big red checkbox) in the New Message window to verify spelling.

Play around, and let us know what works and what you discover.

Re: Receive Emails on your Thread

I'm too old to be hip and old enough to be confused by all the features of this bold new "online" world. I also need this type bigger, and that probably looks like I'm mad or too stupid to know that it should be small, but tough, my eyes just don't work as well as they used to. Can you make the font bigger like this, but no so bold?

1. What is a "tag"?
2. How would you post a new question in a forum?  I replied to your question on emails because I couldn't figure it out. Is this related to the two choices at the bottom , either "thread" or "message"???
3. I noticed some people have pictures or objects under their name when they post, how is that accomplished?

Thanks in advance for your help.
Damian
Champion Listener

Damian,
I am not the final word on the matters, so someone else may be able to provide additional insights.

First, I think you can set the font size in your browser. For example in IE I use the following menu option: View | Text Size | Select Text size desired. See if that works for you since it will effect the entire browser, not just the text size on this community.

As for your other questions:
1. What is a "tag"?
A tag is a user chosen word assigned to the post to help identify or specify what the general topic of the post. People will "tag" a post and then use the tag to look for other similar posts. You will see a "tag cloud" on the right -hand-side of the Browse all Boards portion of the community. Each "tag" is a link to take you to all posts that contain the tag.
2. How would you post a new question in a forum?  I replied to your question on emails because I couldn't figure it out. Is this related to the two choices at the bottom , either "thread" or "message"???
Just like you replied to this post by clicking on "Reply". there is a way to start a "New Message". This is usually seen at the top of the board just below the "Search" bar. The Search bar is in turn below the Orange "Bread-Crumb" which will take you back to where you started because each item in the breadcrumb is a hyperlink to a place in the community (just like breadcrumbs with Hansel and Grethel). For example, as I type this message, by breadcrumb reads: "Sage Community Forums : Browse All Boards : Introduction : Community How To? : Re: Receive Emails on your Thread : Reply to Message"
3. I noticed some people have pictures or objects under their name when they post, how is that accomplished?
This is done in your "My Profile" section. The picture is called an "Avatar" in community speak. You can pick your own Avatar. As some community members obtain special status in the community we provide them the ability to upload their own custom Avatar of their choosing. Other special settings are assigned to Sage employees and our ACT! Certified Consultants to specify that these individuals will carry a particular bias when posting. "Truth in Transparency" is the goal with the community.

Please let me know if this helps.
Copper Contributor

dneeld wrote:
I also need this type bigger, and that probably looks like I'm mad or too stupid to know that it should be small, but tough, my eyes just don't work as well as they used to. Can you make the font bigger like this, but no so bold?

In addition to Neil's suggestion, you can also go to My Profile, then Preferences. In the Display settings field, there is an option for font size and you can make the default text size as large as you need it to be. Smiley Happy