Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

No History Created When Performing Email Merge

Highlighted

No History Created When Performing Email Merge

I recently sent out a number of email messages using the merge function.  I first trying it out on one sample to my email address.  It recorded properly to history.  When this larger group was used, no history was recorded.  Looking this issue up (below), it apprears there is only a work around that takes a lot of time and is a pain.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to make this work like it should instead of having to go back manually?  I'd appreciate the feedback.

Nick

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

No history created when performing mail merge to E-mail using Microsoft Word (.adt)

Answer ID 32060   |    Published 12/13/2012 09:24 AM   |    Updated 02/14/2014 03:05 PM

Symptom: 

In ACT Premium for Web 2013, no history is created when performing a mail merge to E-mail using Microsoft Word (.adt).

Product:

Product Family: Sage ACT!

Product: Sage ACT! Premium for Web (UK Edition)

Version: 15.0.301.0

Steps to Reproduce: 

1. Set up an ACT! Premium for Web 2013 server on any operating system. 
  2. Create a database with a few contacts that have real E-mail addresses. 
  3. On a client machine, without ACT! installed, attempt a mail merge via Internet Explorer. 
  4. Test using ACT! Word Processor and Microsoft Word.

When using ACT! Word Processor (.tpl) the history is recorded as expected but no history recorded when using Microsoft Word (.adt).

Workaround: 

Use ACT! Word Processor to create your mail merge templates or if using Microsoft Word, record any history manually after sending the mail merge.