Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Newsreader

Copper Contributor

Newsreader

I suppose this act forum is also reachable through a newsreader program. I would like to suggest that there would be a small sticky entry on how to setup the newsreader properly?

Kind regards,

Rene van der Velde
aka The Dutch Betatester

Kind regards,

Rene van der Velde
The Netherlands
aka 'The Dutch Betatester'
Champion Listener

Re: Newsreader

[ Edited ]
Dutch...
In the help file there is a short paragraph in the help file on the RSS capabilities. Take a look and let us know if you have additional thoughts on setting these up.

Message Edited by neil_beam on 03-21-2008 10:08 AM
Copper Contributor

[ Edited ]
Thanks for the excellent suggestion. I have posted RSS instructions in a separate thread. Smiley Happy
Message Edited by kjosephs on 04-15-2009 09:20 PM
Platinum Elite Contributor

[ Edited ]
Unfortunately Rene, they don't have newsreader access in this forum as has been in all the past ACT! forums.

RSS isn't bad to be informed of new threads (although they don't show new posts to all threads unless you manually subscribe to each thread), but you still need to log in and wait for the web pages to load in oder to post

I'd still prefer nntp access also

Message Edited by GLComputing on 03-22-2008 08:51 PM
Copper Contributor

I support your post, Mike. The old forum was NNTP capable, which makes navigating and answering all kinds of questions a lot easier than hopping around an internet-interface.

Perhaps the admins of this forum could consider adding NNTP access for this new forum as well?

Kind regards,

René van der Velde
Aka 'The Dutch Betatester'

Kind regards,

Rene van der Velde
The Netherlands
aka 'The Dutch Betatester'
Copper Contributor

I don't believe that's in the upcoming features. I will check around and post if I hear anything different.

Put me down as requesting nntp access also... even if you limit it to users with above a set number of posts

tashina wrote:
I don't believe that's in the upcoming features. I will check around and post if I hear anything different.

I actually asked if nntp access was an option for forums via the Lithium site a month ago, but didn't get a reply.