Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

History is missing

History is missing

I recently had a main hard drive failure.  My user fles, which included the database file locations, were on a secondary drive.  After replacing the main drive and reinstalling ACT Pro 2012 I was able to open the same database file from the secondary drive.  I still have notes with attachments and contacts and activities, but all of my history is gone.  This includes emails sent and received including attachments.  Not sure how to restore it.  Any ideas?  Were my histories stored on the main drive with program files, or on my secondary drive with my user files? Thank you for your help.

Silver Super Contributor

Re: History is missing

Your history was stored in the same files as everything else unless you are running Act! 2004 or earlier.  I suspect that you have a filter setting on your history tab that doesn't show the histories you are looking for.

Stan

If you would like to get more out of ACT! you can find an ACT! Certified Consultant near you by going to:www.act.com/acc.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Stan Smith
ACT! Certified Consultant
ADS Programming Services, Inc.
(205) 222-1661
www.adsprogramming.com
www.actwebhosting.com
Click Here to Purchase Act!

Thanks for your reply.  Currently my history tab is set to "all Dates" and "all" types, and all users and show private. Still hoping and trying for a solution.  Thank you.

Silver Super Contributor

Have you tried running repair and reindex from the Tools | Mainence menu?  Another thought is if the font color for histories is white they won't show up.

Stan

If you would like to get more out of ACT! you can find an ACT! Certified Consultant near you by going to:www.act.com/acc.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Stan Smith
ACT! Certified Consultant
ADS Programming Services, Inc.
(205) 222-1661
www.adsprogramming.com
www.actwebhosting.com
Click Here to Purchase Act!