Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

General forumidea: Solved versus not solved - new button CLOSED. Feedback please!

Copper Contributor

General forumidea: Solved versus not solved - new button CLOSED. Feedback please!

Currently we have the 'Solved' button.

There are however forum entries were a problem cannot be solved (either because the program works as designed Smiley Mad, or because the basic of the issue reported cannot be solved.

I would like to suggest to also have a button 'CLOSED' to indicate that the issue in the forum post is considered a closed issue, either because the initial forumposter does not offer any feedback anymore (which is strange! but happens!), or when the initial forumposter indicates that the issue is to be considered 'done'.

How about this idea? Share your feedback please.

Kind regards,

Rene van der Velde

aka The Dutch Betatester

Kind regards,

Rene van der Velde
The Netherlands
aka 'The Dutch Betatester'
Bronze Contributor

Re: General forumidea: Solved versus not solved - new button CLOSED. Feedback please!

Rene,

Given that this forum looks as though it might have less than a 50% closed rate it might be a good idea but I doubt you or my opinion is going to have any bearing on the outcome.

Paul Buchtmann
pbuchtmann@ozemail.com.au Australia
Australia's First ACT Consultant (1989)

FREE Record History to change default to Call or To-Do for ACT! 2010-2012 versions. Custom versions also available.
Copper Contributor

Re: General forumidea: Solved versus not solved - new button CLOSED. Feedback please!

I am a bit more positive. The 'SOLVED' button was also introduced on behalf of idea's of the community.

It looks as if the SOLVED button at least works.

This idea is to have a 'DISCUSSION CLOSED' button to monitor which discussions are still open and which are closed.

Think this might help to keep people on track.

Rene

Kind regards,

Rene van der Velde
The Netherlands
aka 'The Dutch Betatester'
Master Commentator

I like this idea.  Ive noticed quite a bit where an issue is "solved" and the original poster or someone else comes alsong and starts a new issue in the same thread which would be better served if it were posted as a new thread.  perhaps this might be a way to gently remind folks to keep topics seperated.
Platinum Elite Contributor

Users don't seem to use the Solved button even when solved... it would be good if it sent reminders to the user, administrators and even slected people who do support if a thread remains open after 30 days.

Good ideas.  I will submit these and post any updates that I receive.

Bronze Contributor

Maybe if you can get this one through you might also let those of us who are Certified Consultants be clasified as CC rather than just contributors and of lesser grade than even Beta who get the Beta acknowledgement. Or is it just International who are not being classified as CC.
Paul Buchtmann

FREE Record History to change default to Call or To-Do for ACT! 2010-2012 versions. Custom versions also available.

pbuchtmann wrote:
Maybe if you can get this one through you might also let those of us who are Certified Consultants be clasified as CC rather than just contributors and of lesser grade than even Beta who get the Beta acknowledgement. Or is it just International who are not being classified as CC.

Only North American CC's are classified as CCs on this site now.

pbuchtmann wrote:

Interestingly Paul, even Sage staff like Kurt are not flagged as such in this site.

Bronze Contributor

So you and a number of other contributors have a higher status in this forum than any now US ACC seems a little odd, but I bet you love that new leader status. Smiley Happy

Paul Buchtmann