Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Customer Service unacceptable

Customer Service unacceptable

I ordered ACT Pro on Thursday, November 17, 2010.  I was having issues ordering it online, so hit the chat with a live agent.  The person took my information and credit card number and put through the purchase and said I would receive an e-mail confirmation with a link to the downloads for my purchase.  I did not recieve the e-mail and so started my journey trying to find out where my product was with Sage.  I received a call from UPS on Friday stating that my shipment from Sage would be delivered to me by Tuesday, November 22nd and they gave me a tracking #.  I then e-mailed that to Sage advising them that they would not have shipped it if I had not in fact purchased it.   Today, when I called UPS with the tracking # to verify that it would be delivered, I am told that I need to contact the shipper as there is a problem with the tracking number and they can no longer find the shipment.  I should have kept my mouth shut and not sent the number to Sage. 

I have to date, spoken with 5 different people at Sage. Even though my credit card company has verified that Sage has their money, and UPS was contacted to ship it.....every one of the sage CSR's says they can't find it. When I tell them that the credit card company has told me that it's listed on the statement, they say there is nothing they can do. They don't apologize, or suggest that they may be able to dig deeper, they just say get the statement and send it to us, so you can prove it.  I am in the process of getting said statement and will provide it to Sage, but this is unacceptable from a company that claims they are excellent with thier customer service.  I am extremely disappointed and once have my product will start to look for another client data base management system for the next time I need to upgrade.  Extremely unacceptable in this day and age.Smiley Mad

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Customer Service unacceptable

Hi Roxanne,
I'm sorry to hear of the problems you are having getting your Sage ACT! software. I'm glad we were able to reach out to you today and confirm that the software has been delivered to you by UPS. We apologize for any confusion caused and hope you will enjoy your new version of Sage ACT!. Please contact us if you need any additional assistance.

Thank you,

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

[ Edited ]

Can you help me Greig ? 

I purchased ACT Pro 2012 about 6 mos. ago.  I have encountered password and user name problems beyond description. 

My user names are either  brian liebig  or brian_liebig.

Customer service by phone.  Nothing worked. 

Bought in Spring 2012

[Edit: removed passwords]

Platinum Elite Contributor

Hello Brian,
I'm sorry to hear of the password issues you are experiencing. In looking at the case notes from your call on 7/5/12, it looks like your database password was reset by customer support and you opted not to create a new one, so unless you created a new password, you should be leaving the password field blank when logging into your database. Try the username variations you listed and leave password empty and see if you can log in to your database.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.