Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Community Feedback

Champion Listener

Community Feedback

Please provide your feedback on the commuinty on this board so that the Administrators and Moderators may better address the needs the members and guests.

Re: Community Feedback

I hope this forum takes off, as I'm sure there are ways of using ACT! that I have not discovered yet ... being that I'm pretty much self-taught.
Champion Listener

Thank you asharon.

Please keep posting and let us know here at Sage how we can help.
Platinum Elite Contributor

Here's an idea:

The profile should include fields for system specs. Then, when posting a new message have the option to include them in the message to save from re-typing them. They are necessary for a lot of questions.

Such fields might include:
ACT! version (from Help | About)
ACT! Add-ons installed
Office version
Windows version
Hardware specs (RAM, Processor)
PDA or SmartPhone
Accounting product
Number of users
Anti Virus product
Other software
Copper Contributor

I think you should promote these forums as much as possible, give them a prime position on the homepage, they obviouly hep the userbase and can only improve the image of the company.
Champion Listener

broony,
we are certainly trying to get the word out. what would you suggest to get the word out even more?

Neil,

Here's some ideas:

Include a link in 10.02... not just a screen during the install that no-one reads, but a box that pops up after 2 weeks of usage. You already have a survey that pops up after 30 days of a new install.

Or an icon on the left-hand icon bar

If to late for 10.02, then the next build... 10.03 or 11.0

Get the support guys to recommend it (maybe at the end of the call so users don't think they're just being fobbed off)

Expand the Profiles and Friends facilities to include some social networking capabilities and integrate it into ACT! (I'll put my hand up to help write it)... this would also make good PR if done right.
Copper Contributor

Include a link in the help menu in the app, include a huge promotion on the act.com support page, tag all support's email signatures with a link, brief the support staff when they can't support a customer becasue there is no contract in place that they can direct the customer here / knowledgebase for free but not personalised support.