Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Can't open database ACTv16 Pro

Can't open database ACTv16 Pro

I made a new database. tried to open previous database and now get error message can't verify use and password. I have the correct user and never use the password part.

I tried renameing the PAD file but it recreats it and asks for user/password still.

I unattached the database. Renamed the pad file and tried using the ADF file but get tot the same plasce for user and password.

Help

Christian

Employee

Re: Can't open database ACTv16 Pro

Have you tried just the username and no password?

If it is a single user database and there is no password set up then it should go straight in. It will only prompt for username and password if there is more than one user for the database, or there is a password set for the user.

Try varients of the username.

eg John Smith

John

J.Smith

John.Smith@email.com

It is sometime the case that the user thinks the username is their first and last name, but turns out to be just the first name. Or vice versa.

If you still cant get logged in after trying these varients, you will need to contact you regional support centre on 866 873 2006.

Have act and clicked on act icon.  entered user name and password and act does not open.  

What do i do.

Administrator

Hi Marshall,

Do you get any error messages after selecting the database you want to open, entering your username/password and clicking OK?
What exactly happens after that point?