Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT! 2010 zip backup corrupted/unusable;ACT!PC is dead. How can I transfer the dbs using ACT.pad; . etc files to another PC??.

ACT! 2010 zip backup corrupted/unusable;ACT!PC is dead. How can I transfer the dbs using ACT.pad; . etc files to another PC??.

ACT! 2010 zip backup corrupted/unusable; PC that contained the database is dead. How can I transfer the dbs using ACT.pad; ACT.ALF and ACT.ADF etc files to another PC?? As noted below I have tried this so far without success.

I am aware that the .zip backup is normally required for such a transfer, but mine is corrupted (from the crashed PC). However I have pulled all the uncorrupted ACT dbs files from the crashed drive (on which I can no longer run my ACT! 2010). My good PC with another copy of ACT! 2010 on it refuses to load the these non-zip files even though it sees the uncorrupted files that have been copied into their respective folders and tries unsuccssfully to load them.

Is there a work around for this problem so that I do not lose 6 months of updates to my ACT! database?

Barry

babrune@gmail.com