Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

will ACT software work with a Godaddy Hosting Account?

will ACT software work with a Godaddy Hosting Account?

I have a friend who currently has the ACT software and has it on a server with a local company.  It's pricey and he's trying to find a more affordable option.

GoDaddy offer dedicated and virtual dedicated servers, but will the ACT software work with a hosting account with unlimited storage and bandwith?

I'm not all that familiar with the software so I'm not sure if there are any database requirements, etc...

I simply want to move all of his current software files to a GoDaddy hosting account via FTP.

Thanks!
JW

Silver Contributor

Re: will ACT software work with a Godaddy Hosting Account?

Go Daddy has a variety of hosted server options at  a variety of price points.

You will need to get one that meets the ACT system requirements.  (windows server, ets, not linix), they you would be able to use ACT via terminal server (remote desktop) or set up sync, or if the server has IIS, you could configure aCT for web.

Works great if you are inclined to do your own setup, management and maintenance.

If you want something more turnkey where someone else sets up, provides the servers and offers help desk support, consider an ACT Hosting Provider.

Test Drive Act! and Quickbooks over Citrix http://GoTryAct.com

Jon Klubnik| ActTrainer.com
(866)710 4228

ACT! Certified Consultant / ACT! Premier Trainer / ACT! Hosting Provider

Ok, so I don't have to purchase a GoDaddy dedicated server or anything, right?  Just a regular Windows hosting server from GoDaddy will work?     I'm choosing the "Ultimate 4GH" hosting  (http://www.godaddy.com/hosting/web-hosting.aspx?ci=8971)

The current software is on a server from a local company, and I am hoping I can either remote desktop in or FTP into that server and simply copy and paste the files over to the new server (GoDaddy).

We also need to update the software from 2009 to 2012....not sure how complicated this will be.  And yes, we are looking to setup, manage it and handle the maintenance ourself.

Bronze Super Contributor

I would stay away from GoDaddy.com. There are many other hosted options out there.

Our experience with GoDaddy has not been good.

-- Jim Durkin