Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

which version and what differences

Tuned Listener

which version and what differences

I have been on ACT 2004 for forever. 2 years ago I got a version of act2008 version 10, but had a very difficult time trying to share a database. I decided 2004 is too old, and finally got a test version of 2008 working.

Now I am wondering if I shouldn't just take the plunge and get act2010.

We are a small business, running a peer to peer server, we have 3 workstations in one location, and 2 remote locations. We all run office 2007. We have XP, Vista and Win 7. Remote sync is desireable, but not critical.

Can someone let me know if they think if it is worthwhile to spend another $500 to get the latest greatest, or can 2008 do the job ok? Were there any big changes or is the new version much more stable, etc.?

Thanks for any input.

Tuned Listener

Re: which version and what differences

Get 2010. there are a number of extra's in the box that most people would find worthwhile.

With versions it is important to remember with ACT! that in reality, each new version is really an update of the previous version. So, all the fixes and issues, we hope, from the previous versions should have been fixed.

As well, Sync is easier to setup and get running than on previous versions.

Tuned Listener

thanks for that. What about what breaks when they 'fix' it? Are there any major bugs with 2010?
Tuned Listener

I'm not aware of any, and most people don't encounter them,  but as always, keeps your eyes open for patches and fixes and apply them as needed.

I think you will definitely find 2010 more stable and robust than 2008