Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

which fax software is recommended for FAX?

which fax software is recommended for FAX?

Bronze Super Contributor

Re: which fax software is recommended for FAX?

ASDS Computer has a little program that will do this nicely... FaxAdmin

www.asdscomputer.com

Platinum Elite Contributor

Copper Contributor

I am a little confused. I always used Winfax Pro with my Act 6. That was able to to a mail merge to fax. Then I got windows 7 and Office 2007 and all **bleep** broke loose. Despite many assertions to the contrary Act 6 works fine in Windows 7. The problem is that Winfax Pro does not, and Act can no longer do a mailmerge with Word in Office 2007. I am going to update to Act 2011. I have read that Faxadmin will handle merges with Winfax or Window 7 fax. So what does Faxadmin do if it still needs a fax program. Winfax wont work in Win 7 and the fax program that comes with Win 7 is very limited, so where does that leave us? Frankly I am surprised that 1) Act doesnt handle faxes directly and 2) There are so few current fax programs on the market. Can anyone clarify this for me?

FaxAdmin should be able to using the Windows Fax... or look at MergeMaster! from Prodocom
Copper Contributor

I took a quick look at Mergemaster but got turned off when they started talking about charging by the minute or by the fax. Can you buy the program outright, and if so, do you know what it costs for a single user? Does it also require another program like Windows Fax or Winfax?

MergeMaster! charges per fax ... It doesn't need any other software but doesn't use your phone line, so you're not paying for the fax calls
Copper Contributor

ok, not for me. I send thousands of faxes and I have unlimited phone service so they cost nothing.

There is one other reason for using a service like MergeMaster! - it doesn't tie up your local line for the time to send all those faxes... but, as long as that's not an issue, then FaxAdmin is the choice