Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

when I search on a company name the account pops up without my notes!

when I search on a company name the account pops up without my notes!

Hello: For a particular company there are  two entries (one entry has an addendum in the name); ONE of them has my ongoing notes attached. Whenever I search for the name of this company (with "company" chosen in the contact field) the results lists two options and BOTH OF THE OPTIONS do NOT have me attached notes.  However when I search using "contact" in the contact field and and submit  my primary contact's first name, only THEN does the right account - with the attached notes - come up. (I have other duplicates of other companies yet THIS company is the only one that has this problem)

I don't know what I did to create this and don't know how to correct it. Any ideas?

Thanks, Carol

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: when I search on a company name the account pops up without my notes!

Hello Carol,
Welcome to the Sage ACT! Community. It's difficult to say based on your description, but it sounds like you may have 3 contact records - two without notes, and one with. Try this:
- Go to Groups and create a new Group called "Test"
- Do your first lookup by company name that pulls up the two records without notes
- Highlight the two records, then right-click on them and select "Add Contacts to Group". Add them to the "Test" group
- Do your lookup by contact name to pull up the record that does have the notes. Use the same method as above to add to Test group
- Go to Groups, select the Test group and look under the Contact tab to see if you have 3 separate records. If so, clean them up as needed

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.